What happens when you follow someone?

amo

I'm not familiar with the forum software. I haven't been here long, but I already have a few favorite artists, and I'd like to see their new works when they post. But is it "creepy" to follow someone here? Do they get notified that I'm following them? How much will I get notified? Every time they post? Or every time they start a thread? Something else? I didn't find any answers in the help section or a forum search.

So I guess I have a technical question and a Creative Spark culture question. Would appreciate help with both :)

the site is a little slow .. Thanks Giving Weekend I assume .. I had a few follow me and I got a little reminder that so and so was following me. That was all I ever got. I have not followed anyone so I don't know but I would think it would be just a each new post by the followed. I'm sure Ayin will answer your question later, when seen.

Reactions: amo
the site is a little slow .. Thanks Giving Weekend I assume .. I had a few follow me and I got a little reminder that so and so was following me. That was all I ever got. I have not followed anyone so I don't know but I would think it would be just a each new post by the followed. I'm sure Ayin will answer your question later, when seen.
That's what I thought also Wayne, but I follow a couple of people and I have never gotten any notice that they have posted something, or maybe I am overlooking something.

Reactions: amo
Hi everyone. I think Hannah will know more about this than I would. I don't think it means all that much, but she's used this software for some 15+ years and knows way more about it. She will come in and answer soon. Stay tuned. :)

As far as I understand it, it doesn't really act like you think it would. You can see your "followed" person's posts on your news feed. Which I personally don't ever look at. ;) It's supposed to offer you some customization of your news feed if you do refer to it.

That's really all I know. 😆 Hannah will know more, and explain it better!

But it doesn't make you creepy, Angela! ;)

Following does a couple of things. It adds the users you follow to your news feed, as @Terri mentioned, and it creates a list of people you follow in your user info area.

It isn't commonly used, in my experience, but it's there for whoever wants to use it. :)

News feed:

feed.png

Follow list:

list.png

Following does a couple of things. It adds the users you follow to your news feed, as @Terri mentioned, and it creates a list of people you follow in your user info area.

It isn't commonly used, in my experience, but it's there for whoever wants to use it. :)
Awesome! Thanks!

Back