WEEKLY ART EVENT: January 28 - Feb 4

Triduana

Contributing Member
Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: * BRIGHT *

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

I drew this for Inktober but I think it fits.

”Bright Sparks from Bright Minds”

Attachments

• 824DC462-FE1C-4F16-8055-F0CE42CEE70E.jpeg
    824DC462-FE1C-4F16-8055-F0CE42CEE70E.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 118
Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: * BRIGHT *

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.
I'm on it. Hope I find something! This is a old favourite. For all teachers, Last Day of Term 4. (Australian teachers are getting ready for Term 1). Was an A3 pencil sketch, digitally edited.

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_183358_807-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210827_183358_807-01.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 128
Penny, clever and fun for Bright Minds.

I did this for the Scavenger Hunts from Life, but think it fits here, too. Bright shiny apples. Soft pastel sketch on a reused piece of MiTeintes paper, smooth side. I hope to do another something bright especially for this thread.

View attachment 18142
Excellent work, Jo. They look good enough to eat!

I'm on it. Hope I find something! This is a old favourite. For all teachers, Last Day of Term 4. (Australian teachers are getting ready for Term 1). Was an A3 pencil sketch, digitally edited.
Lovely shapes and bright colours, JennieJo.

Penny, what a cute drawing for "bright." You're right, it fits perfectly.

Jo, gorgeous apples with a lovely bright shine.

JennieJo, a nice one for bright students. Good combination of pencil sketch and digital.

Ink & water-soluble graphite, reference from Pixabay (Hans Benn).

I looked for a ref that had strong light and shadows but I'm not sure if the shadows read correctly on the leaves upper left without color cues. I had fun doing it though.

20220129 Pear on Branch (Hans Benn, Pixabay).png

Thanks, Anne.

Your drawing certainly reflects the bright light. Well done.

Reactions: ams
JennieJo, definitely bright. Like seeing that.

Anne, your bright pear is amazing. I read the shapes and shadows in the leaves. Beautiful.

Thanks all for the comments. Apples are a favorite thing to paint. And I like eating my models.

• Haha
Reactions: ams
Anne, your bright pear is amazing. I read the shapes and shadows in the leaves. Beautiful.

Thanks all for the comments. Apples are a favorite thing to paint. And I like eating my models.
Thanks Jo. I had a nice smile about you eating your models!

Adorable little bear and nice bright light.

Back