Was channeling AbEx artists!

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Had forgotten about this one, until Google sent me a reminder. Glad for once. Acrylic on canvas. 1.5m x 1m.
FB_IMG_1674550569818-01.jpeg

Last edited:
This packs a real punch! So much to explore and love about this work -- the blue-green passages, the blue/gold at the left edge, the deft horizontal swipe of blue below centre. After looking for a while I suddenly saw a couple of dinosaurs and their reflections in a swamp. Fascinating the way the brain just has to see things representationally...

I really like this also. Great colors, shapes,variety and textures and it's cohesive. It's not total chaos like some ab ex paintings can be which I don't care for. This shows just enough order. Really well done.

This packs a real punch! So much to explore and love about this work -- the blue-green passages, the blue/gold at the left edge, the deft horizontal swipe of blue below centre. After looking for a while I suddenly saw a couple of dinosaurs and their reflections in a swamp. Fascinating the way the brain just has to see things representationally...
Thank you so much for your comments. So true, I try not to see anything representational when I'm in abstract mode. When done, I always see faces! Going to hunt for dinosaurs. My littlest granddaughter will be super impressed if I find them. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.
Love this piece. Eye candy for the minds eye! ❤️
Thanks CaliAnn, can I use that. I love it!

I really like this also. Great colors, shapes,variety and textures and it's cohesive. It's not total chaos like some ab ex paintings can be which I don't care for. This shows just enough order. Really well done.
Thank you. I did an AbEx course and didn't master it. But, really liked the freedom those artists had.

Back