Voice of Nature

Enyaw

namuh
014.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. Voice of Nature

Another beauty, Wayne.
I like the criss crossing knife marks on the water as offset by the vertical ones on the tree.

Thank you. It's snow but if you see water that's ok too. A painting is for the viewer.

Well I saw water too and I was going to say that I loved the way the light sparkled on the water. So I went back and looked again and still see water sooooo, I like the way the light sparkles on the water. ❤️ ❤️ 😁

It doesn't matter if it's snow or water. I was in love with the trees anyway. ;) Stunning piece! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Thanks Arty .. what trees .. those are people :eek: .. costumes must be good!
Actually, thank you. You just showed me how to get it up to par in all areas. I think!

Thanks for the lift Joe. ... and there it was , right were you left it.

Last edited:
Nature Voice 2.jpg

Decided to do a few more versions based on this particular scene: Here is Nature's Voice 2
Painted this yesterday but I do remember having to scrape out a few passages as I had it lost it and tried to get it back. The idea is to keep using one source but find new ways to add or subtract from it while looking for a better unity of expression.

Same size 11 x 14 In on Paper Alla Prima. Not sure if people revisit old threads but seems silly making a new post for the same picture.

I visit "old" threads. I looks at all new posts. I try to anyway. This is beautiful and I love all the attention to detail here: the palette in the snow, trees (or the people dressed as trees :ROFLMAO:)/plants, and the slight clouds sky. A really good one.

Very nice, I like it! I still think I like the first version best though. Both are great. :giggle:

Thanks Arty .. thank you Sno ... I like # 3 best, but you'll have to wait to be the judge of that. :unsure:

View attachment 9468

Decided to do a few more versions based on this particular scene: Here is Nature's Voice 2
Painted this yesterday but I do remember having to scrape out a few passages as I had it lost it and tried to get it back. The idea is to keep using one source but find new ways to add or subtract from it while looking for a better unity of expression.

Same size 11 x 14 In on Paper Alla Prima. Not sure if people revisit old threads but seems silly making a new post for the same picture.
"The idea is to keep using one source but find new ways to add or subtract from it while looking for a better unity of expression."

Great Wayne, that is exactly what I am trying to do using Duralar..I'm not sure if the viewers get it.

"Not sure if people revisit old threads but seems silly making a new post for the same picture."

Another Bullseye ! This is a puzzle to me and I have wished there was a was a way to use the old post but signify or signal in the title that there is a new version being posted. If there is a way, I haven't found it.
I bet it is possible to have the software to do that, but I can understand that it might take more resources and effort to create it than is feasible for a site like this.

I am currently leaning to the view that I will keep it in the old original thread for continuities and context sake.
I get the impression that only a few viewers are as interested as Arty in making sure they don't miss something in an old post.
Their loss.
Thoughts ?

I have thought of a viable solution for myself. I am posting every day and I find it silly to have that many posts lying around. I tried to hang on to a thread but that doesn't work for me. Joe and Iain use that.
One of my thoughts on a solution is to post once a week as I can get ten pictures in one post. Very seldom will I work on different visions of the same scene longer than a week. I get bored. I may go back and paint that scene again but if I do that it will be a new version not related to the previous as the inspiration will be different. I would like people to look and comment but the only way that will happen is when I paint well enough to catch their interest.

Re: what Trier was trying to come up with...I think you can make a new post and indicate in the thread title that it is a new version of the same piece (version 2, 3, etc.) Like, "Dancing Lake Version 2," or "Dancing Lake Duralar Version 2." What do you guys think of just doing something like that? I think it's up to the poster if they want to make new threads or put multiple images on the same, original post. It doesn't matter. Some viewers check all new posts and some check only new threads. It's hard to appease everyone.

Re: what Trier was trying to come up with...I think you can make a new post and indicate in the thread title that it is a new version of the same piece (version 2, 3, etc.) Like, "Dancing Lake Version 2," or "Dancing Lake Duralar Version 2." What do you guys think of just doing something like that? I think it's up to the poster if they want to make new threads or put multiple images on the same, original post. It doesn't matter. Some viewers check all new posts and some check only new threads. It's hard to appease everyone.
Sounds like a good suggestion, either version 2, version 2, etc or Dancing Lake:redo. Many different ways to differentiate.

Back