Vietnamese Street Scene

Balaji

This is an A4 size pen and ink sketch on 270 gsm Chitrapat watercolour paper (matt). In case you are wondering why watercolour paper for a pen and ink sketch...I started this with the intention of doing a loose line and wash sketch. But somewhere along the way my ink sketching instincts took over and this is how it ended up.

Vietnamese Street Scene.jpg

You can't escape your hand/style sometimes. That's a good thing. This is such a great drawing to be so proud of. I love it! ♥️

It's wonderful! I'm always impressed with your shading but your sketching - everything is always beautifully proportioned. Excellent work!

Love it. I have come to the conclusion that a style finds you, you don't find a style. I find it very difficult to try and paint in a style if it is very different from my own. If I really get involved in the creation of the art, I slip into my own style without even realizing it.

Thank you Anne.
I agree with you that a person's style is something innate to that person. But I like to try out styles that are not my own, but attractive to me, and once in a while a bit of that style rubs off on me. And over a long period I find that my style too changes to include some small elements of those styles too.

Back