Valley Road Shed

Trier

Supporting Member
From memories of back roads in southern Ohio.

Pastel and maybe some acrylic on brown Kraft paper 11x14 in

P1000915Valley_Road_Shed.JPG

The buckles of the paper show somewhat and the painting is brighter IRL, but close.
C&C

Thanks a lot, sno, that is closer than my image but maybe just a a hair too bright.

I like yours better.

That tin roof on the shed is hard to deal with when I try to get the relative values the way I want.

Beautiful. I love this one. All your marks are so thoughtful and you've set such a comfy mood here. ❤️

Lovely, Trier. However, I’d tone down those 2 yellowish things bottom right hand. They steal the show from the coi - the shed

I guess those 2 lines (above mentioned) were there in the reference photo or in reality, if you did a plain air. However, as artists we are fortunate in as much as we can change what we see arbitrarily.

I guess those 2 lines (above mentioned) were there in the reference photo or in reality, if you did a plain air. However, as artists we are fortunate in as much as we can change what we see arbitrarily.
Hey thanks, Nufocus.
Yeah, the ability to more easily change is what finally caused me to shift from photography to painting.

You put your finger on what was/is the big struggle with this painting regarding the brightness of the foreground shafts of sunlight on the grass relative to the background sunlight on the shed roof and grass.

The painting itself is more balanced in that respect than either of the images posted here, but I am still not happy with the balance between the values and have spent a lot of time adjusting back and forth. Still working on the problem that you have spotted; thanks for the critique.

Back