using a photo as reference .. update

Enyaw

namuh
Yesterday's version of how I paint using a photo as a reference

Of course, if you have your values you can change the season. The photo is summer and the painting is winter. After all, you are the artist.
Below is a version of it as a winter scene using the same block in but changing the palette. A photo is a starting point not a point that you need
to finish in terms of copy.

008.JPG

I remind my painters in our group that it's the same for a landscape. You don't have to paint exactly what you would see in a photo - that's the beauty of being able to CREATE, not just copy nature.

Good on yer, Wayne.

Great Wayne! Very recognizable from the photo and a very good job changing the season! ❤️❤️

Nice one, Wayne! I have to literally give myself permission to make changes to a photo. It's such a struggle!

the painting is also wonderful yesterday, I have to read the post carefully with the reference which is very beautiful as well as what you say here

Like the form of those pines. Very natural. (y) I've never tried to change the season, but I do take bits from several photos to create a more interesting composition.

Interpretation of a subject is difficult for me, as I tend to be too literal. You all possess much more creativity than I.

Back