Untitled Concrete Sculpture

Hermes2020

Fast set concrete with metallic powder detailing. Height 800 mm.

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 4.jpg

Untitled 5.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled 1_1.jpg
    Untitled 1_1.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Wow! This is really interesting--how some of the shapes look as if they are floating in mid-air. What a great effect. It is so slick and modern-ly finished. Beautiful!

Wow! This is really interesting--how some of the shapes look as if they are floating in mid-air. What a great effect. It is so slick and modern-ly finished. Beautiful!

Thank you so much. Yes, the top semicircle does appear to be floating. In reality, it is anchored very firmly to the piece below it with embedded stainless steel mesh, and does not flex at all.

Yes, it is an amazing piece. Cool, calculated, and playful. And needless to say, finished to perfection. It looks like it has been disassembled to show its constituent parts.

Just Fabulous! I was going to ask how the floating piece was anchored but I read all the comments and found my answer. This piece fascinates and is interesting from every angle.❤️❤️ ❤️

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. What I find fascinating about the concrete I use is that, because the parts are mixed by hand at different times as the work progresses, each part develops a unique natural patina.

I want to explore those partial circles further. It would be fun to incorporate ball bearings to make them spinnable.

Back