try coloring digitally

I'm loving the thoughts by Joe and St. Luke's Guild.
That is so right, about forums having more sustained interaction. And the group activities here add to the feeling of community.
For example "And the next sketch is..." which I have really enjoyed looking through. Some day, I may even participate :-o
Negatively though, Artyczar may be too rigid about that abbreviation for Wet Canvas. That constant admonition is starting to grate on my nerves. I'm sorry. I think it's important enough to bring up, or I wouldn't have said anything.

Hermes, thank you very much. Ayin, thank you, sorry, ok, I'll write Wet Canvas, I've re-read the rules.
stlukesguild, true and interesting what you said, true, even the cartoon,
of the most famous social networks, facebook, twitter and istagram, what I know a little,, I prefer, I use, is istagram, so I am referring above all to what I see here, (I like to use istagram for things related to art, artists, some artists like Kevinweste I think make the platform richer, Thomas or Peter han). on istagram I often get ads, advertised posts that say, they say how to use istagram, how to optimize istagram time, what to do, basically they say you have to be there with continuity (to increase followers, actually constant presence seems to be a factor on social networks, for those who have visibility, but at the same time they know not to abuse it, that is, I think that those who use them profitably will be able to post enough but also give quality to the contents, who may be at the beginning if he uses these guides maybe he will think about quantity and not quality, among the advice of some, there was to program the messages first,), and as if some used models, he wrote I was in general, or at least that's what some would recommend, so feeling in these cases I think it's just what you described, while some users manage both to advertise products but also to capture interest, one thing I like about istagram and that some artists they make you beautiful live broadcasts, streaming where they create, or they always know how to create interesting posts (I find this complicated, which I would not be able to do for any topic, materi,,), even briefly, whether they post daily or only when they want to , or really have to say.
I do not know how to use social networks, I think it is difficult and I would find it frustrating, I would like to post only when I want to say something, moreover I would not like to choose in the case of drawings, which ones to post, look for the things that seem less worst to me, I'd like to post every drawing, even if each for different reasons, but putting everything on social networks would make me uncomfortable, I prefer to see it and put some comments, like.

Cindy, thank you very much, yes, you're right, the feeling of community is different, And the next sketch is .. it's great, that's it, a single post, or place where you can admire a lot of different art and styles, it's a beautiful thing , and it's hard to find outside of a forum. it is easier to find various styles, even media, genres.
if you don't already know them, without searching individually
Regarding digital, adding something about digital art, using the internet in recent years, made me notice that digital art is the prevailing thing I think, that is, years ago I thought it was more for video games, then animation, then I thought that maybe to color comics, but I didn't think it was the most common thing,
Could it be that both as a hobby and on a professional level, at least around 70% of people do digital art? it is a wrong impression, the convenience of using a medium, a kind of single supply,, flexibility, being able to simulate all the means, is a very fascinating thing,
these were proof of color, color is something that I think is fun, nice to try, but also chiaroscuro, or being able to ink, clean drawings, maybe this is one of the things that intrigued me the most.
when I draw, I try to be cleaner, but I stain the paper a lot and I am messy, as well as imprecise.

of the most famous social networks... what I... prefer, I use, is istagram... (I like to use istagram for things related to art, artists, some artists like Kevinweste I think make the platform richer...

I forgot about Kenin Wueste. I follow him on Instagram, but he hasn't shown up in my feed for a while so I'll need to go to his page and "like" a few works in order for the algorithms to pick up on him. He used to be a regular on Wetcanvas. You might want to check out Daniel Maidman...

Maidman2.750.jpg

Kaethe Butcher:
KB.740.jpg

Jenny Saville:
JS1.750.jpg

Jimmie Arroyo:

JimmieArroyo.720.jpg

Michael Bergt:

193248_1921394398376_706722_o.jpg

... Patrick J. Jones, Judith Yaws, Alessandra Maria, Cesar Santos, Serge Marshennikov, and many many more. I also use Instagram and other social media in searching for artistic nude photographers, and dance photography/video as I am growing more and more interested in capturing figures in motion.

I do not know how to use social networks, I think it is difficult and I would find it frustrating...

I have an artist friend who has gotten very good at marketing his work through social media including the Saatchi Art site. He has sold a good number of paintings across the country and overseas directly from social media. He has also been picked up by a number of galleries that saw his work on social media. He tends to include installation views of the works in the studio which give the viewer a sense of scale... but also let them into the artist's studio to see the works in progress. He also only posts for business. No posts about what he ate last night, his birthday, etc... He keeps all of his personal posts on separate accounts.

Returning to the OP, when I get settled again in a more permanent residence with a high-speed internet connection, I will be looking into a new iPad... likely an iPad Pro and some digital art software. I have a friend who teaches digital art in the same school district. Of course, I want a physical studio again because I love the scale and physicality of traditional art media too much to ever abandon these for digital.

Negatively though, Artyczar may be too rigid about that abbreviation for Wet Canvas. That constant admonition is starting to grate on my nerves. I'm sorry. I think it's important enough to bring up, or I wouldn't have said anything.

Well negatively, that has nothing to do with this thread, but I hear that it is grating on your nerves. It grates on mine that people constantly INGORE the rules. They are not just MY rules by the way. And the reason for the rule is about not being inclusive to others here that were never from WetCanvas.

And speaking of exclusivity, thanks for making me feel like I can't really be a part of this thread anymore now that you've taken the time to be "negative" about how the owner of it enforcing the rules of the forum that you say you've come to enjoy is grating on your nerves. That's so sweet to hear.

But all in all, that's just too bad for you. I don't really care because all forums have some rules, and I have honestly asked nicely as to try not to grate on people's nerves, and obviously failing.

Anyway, carry on with your conversation.

I have not written before that in the last few days I have not been great, a little bit of flu,
Ayin, Cindy, I apologize, I didn't mean to create tension, I hope it's ok now,
, but I'm really sorry about that, I'm sorry
not having respected the regulation, I had not been careful.

stlukesguild, heartfelt thanks for the wonderful examples and artists you mentioned, fantastic, I only knew and followed Kaethe Butcher, Cesar Santos, J Jones,
I will add all the others and see their works, thank you very much. thanks for all the impressions and directions

I really love the drawing of the human figure.
you're right about Wueste, he was a moderator of the forum, when I joined the forum he no longer published regularly, for an initial period he sometimes still connected and commented.
it also helped me.
once, kindly, he commented on my post,
he gave me valuable advice,
that I should have followed more, before trying to draw figures or portraits again I would have had to practice, learn to manage, values, lights, shade spheres.
at times I have shaded spheres but above all from photos, at times I gave up on doing it due to difficulty in shading technique, difficulty in shading.
not dwelling on trying to figure out what to do rather than how to do it.
in the last year or 2 i have tried to read more books i had bought where they mentioned chiaroscuro, i would have to do a lot of drawings to try to learn.
in digital it would be different from how I tried on paper but since there are differences on technique and tutorials that I could look for or read, thinking about it, digital, it could help me to practice more shading, and it would be stimulating as a novelty, it is an important and difficult thing but in the digital compared to traditional I tried little, maybe over time I could understand a little, perhaps thanks to tutorials (some I found them difficult for me but maybe trying again, over time.)

you were saying about Ipad Pro, I think it's a great idea (I think this is nice and the procreate program too), I think it's very fascinating, I really like what I often see done with ipad pro and procreate,
the summer before lockdawn, I started thinking about digital again, seeing amazon advertising that was selling 11-inch ipad pro for about € 250 less than the list price,
for 10 years I had the idea of saving money for drawing and art, for schools or courses that in reality you will never have had the courage, money or more the age to attend them, or videos, books, or supplies ,
supplies or books what I bought sometimes, with that announcement I thought I could bet everything on ipad pro,
but for some months I was seeing more and more works made with ipad with marvelous works of the artist Harry123, also on istagram and the same things I said about Kevin, Harry who had started using procreate are valid.
I had 600 euros from the ipad pro and almost 800 pencil, I was thinking about it but in the meantime promotions ended, then the cell phone that I replaced broke and some pc cards that had burned and therefore the computer did not work.

however I already had half for digital, I had for 4 years wacom intuos but for years I had not used it anymore because when I went back to the paper, if the reference was a photo of the pc, out of habit after a couple of months to the digital I only looked at the reference, I was drawing blindly .. but also I had slightly banged my shoulder but the dominant arm was always tired so I had stopped using the wacom pen and also the mechanical pencil of 2 mm which was the pencil I used most but it was heavy, luckily colored pencils polycromo and derwent graphite are very comfortable and light.
now i'm using it wacom intuos, for a year the video card sometimes blocks the pc and i have to uninstall it to use the computer, it should be replaced, initially however it gave problems only once or twice a month, now it does it often. they have become very expensive in the last 2 years, even difficult to find, my used one I read that in 2018 it cost 50 or 10 euros, now I read ads at 200 euros for the board that is broken and therefore sold for spare parts.
buying a new video card if I don't find it at a good price considering the 550 euros spent a year and a half ofa for broken pieces I end up spending what I spent 6 years ago but to buy back the same computer but less fluid than then, some pieces are not better , while technology usually becomes more powerful over the years.
never had a tablet, but if it makes sense, considering that drawing or doing things connected to drawing, reading, tutorials forum referense, I am 80% of what I do with the pc I would like in the future to replace pc for many things with a well made tablet and screen enough I am therefore tempted, maybe in a few months or a year, not to replace the PC anymore, to limit use it without a video card

I also agree on the internet, unfortunately I have a connection of only 6 megabits ...

then i did these digitally

then i did these digitally
and last month another portrait, face, a male face that I also tried to color

Attachments

• 1tigre.jpg
    1tigre.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 104
  • cagnolino1.jpg
    cagnolino1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 102
  • cagnolino2 esperimento non riuscit.jpg
    cagnolino2 esperimento non riuscit.jpg