Trufflecat Series Studies

Trier

Supporting Member
Just for context, these are all based on Susan's painting of 'Cape Night' which she had posted on June 09 and for which she gave me permission to abstract.
Here is her painting for your convenience:
Cape Night.jpg

Here are my studies up through this week in consecutive order;
P1010065ThanksToTruffelcat.JPG

P1010068TCATinvert.JPG

P1010067TCATsaint.JPG

P1010073TCATinvert.JPG

P1010084BrokenStaffM1.JPG

P1010086SpiritM1.JPG

P1010090WAVES.JPG

I have a couple more in mind, but I thought I would post these before I get too mixed up.

Attachments

• P1010084.JPG
    P1010084.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 68
I like the first take best. The color is purer. Strange how one can twist things by inspiration.

Very interesting! Kind of like progressing through the seasons of the year. The Seasons of a Painting. 😁

I have favorites, but I like them all. Your color choices are generally so vibrant.

Wow, these are all fantastic, Trier. I am happy to inspire you any time! I particularly like the 5th one, too, with the brilliant reds. Great series.

I like them all and really like seeing the chronological progress. I get inspired by a lot of work by other artists and also ask them for permission if I am really working closely with a piece of theirs, or even if it's a whole body of their work. This is a great sort of call back to Susan's piece. So cool!

I like the first take best. The color is purer. Strange how one can twist things by inspiration.
I see what you mean Wayne, and agree that the colors are purer.
The twisting is what I like to show FWIW.

Wow, these are all fantastic, Trier. I am happy to inspire you any time! I particularly like the 5th one, too, with the brilliant reds. Great series
Thanks to you Susan !
I usually feel like I must have red someplace.
I am still considering more variations.

I like them all and really like seeing the chronological progress. I get inspired by a lot of work by other artists and also ask them for permission if I am really working closely with a piece of theirs, or even if it's a whole body of their work. This is a great sort of call back to Susan's piece. So cool!
Thanks, Arty. Your appreciation of the progress is an inspiration for me to do it.

Back