Too Much

Artyczar

I made this a long time ago as a book illustration. It's one of many other pages, but it might be the only one that didn't include watercolor. Thought I'd start posting more on the forum. This is a 7 x 10 inch micron pen on Arches.

toomuchdetail.jpg

I ADORE this!!! So detailed and intricate. I love looking at it. Wow!

I see you and Dan in there. ;)

Holy crap! This is awesome! What a wonderful collaboration. I'm pretty sure I could pick out who drew what. I see you and Dan in there, and some desert drawings. Otoh, wtf is coming out of that mailbox? 😳

🤣 Great stuff, Arty.

Both of these have a lot going on but since it was a book illustration, I imagine it is all relevant and can be fun to look at it with a child and find all the things referred to in the book. It reminds me of a quilt I have seen made for children that has all sorts of interesting prints of different things that can be looked at and talked about with a child.

Oh Anne, I would never show this stuff to a little child. Ha ha ha! Also, it's an Artist's book, not an illustrated book. Different genre, but a lot of people don't know what Artist's book are.

Anyway, Thank you Terri, and Anne. And WTF is coming out of that mailbox is what probably what you think it was. My bad. :rolleyes: :whistle:;):eek:o_O

Oops, I meant to link the words Artist's books for Anne or anyone else interested. And for a bajillion lookies at eye candy (many many examples), have a look at my book dealers called Vamp & Tramp. They list all the artists and fine presses they rep. There are way better bookmakers than I could ever be.

This reminds me of when my grandson gets out every one of his toys and covers the floor😳😂🤣 ( you know thats a compliment😉) ❤️❤️❤️❤️

And WTF is coming out of that mailbox is probably what you think it was. My bad. :rolleyes: :whistle:;):eek:o_O

Dat's a little mushroom. Aw!

Before my daughter had the vocabulary, she had obviously seen my wang-dang-doodle and reasoned it was a "bum-tail."

Not sure if the word should be hyphenated? 😁

Oh Anne, I would never show this stuff to a little child. Ha ha ha! Also, it's an Artist's book, not an illustrated book. Different genre, but a lot of people don't know what Artist's book are.
Oops, I didn't look at the images carefully enough to realize it wasn't for children. You were right Arty, I wasn't familiar with what an Artist's book is. Thanks for the clarification.

That's wonderful Arty! So much crammed into such a small area! And you dressed Dan. ❤️❤️

Back