Time Goes On

Enyaw

namuh
003.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted May 2/22 .. ref Photo from Pix

Last edited:
Very pretty. ❤️ I see it was painted a month ago before shoulder problems. How is the shoulder doing now?

Thanks Sno .. actually better than my head. :LOL: Thank you .. I changed the date to May ..

I got much better movement but it still throbs and really throbs in the night time but it is on the mend. Everything slows down in old age except the passage of time.

Lovely! I see how the ref image could catch your eye. :)

Gorgeous reds and blues in there!

Thank you Terri. Yes, I like old things. I actually pumped the color as the painting took hold of me and gave me direction. It's so much fun when you can enter the void on auto pilot.

I can't remember the artist but one once said something to the effect that painting was such bliss before you learned how to paint. I take that to mean until you learn and then try to enforce the so called rules against the freedom of expression.

Thank you GrantCee and Desforges.

You are so lucky to be able to put your own spin on a reference photo like this, Wayne. All of the "rules" can be so overbearing at times. I like how no one item stands out as more important than the rest in your painting. Nice one!

You are so lucky to be able to put your own spin on a reference photo like this
Thank you Donna. Most of it comes from our mind. When we know in our hearts that the paintings we love were created by someone like us who simply tried to paint to the best of their ability then we free up our minds and you can paint too. It's in the acceptance of our limitations that we expand them.

Last edited:
Back