The Wild Swans

Scamall

Supporting Member
Micron on Bristol vellum 11 x 14
877126ED-9352-4482-8AC1-F7AF2B7CBCB5.jpeg

Can you explain why you're not illustrating children's books? This is a beautiful drawing! Love the attitudes of the slow taking off of these swans - a real story here. I love it! ❤️

Can you explain why you're not illustrating children's books? This is a beautiful drawing! Love the attitudes of the slow taking off of these swans - a real story here. I love it! ❤️
That would be fun! I have thought about it, and have the bones of a story started. I do love fairy tales! I struggled with getting 11swans on one small space.

Simply beautiful work! ❤️ And yes, you should be illustrating children's books!

It's a lot of work to illustrate books, unless you're given some creative freedom. But yes, this would look awesome in a book. You should be paid well for doing it, if so. This is so lovely it's serious! ❤️

I would love to illustrate books and creative freedom might be a sticking point. Alternatively, many stories are out of copyright and available for use. I do think about writing my own books, too. It all sounds intriguing and intimidating at the same time. Sigh . . .

Delightful. It makes me think of a fairy tale I read as a child. I think there were 7 in the story but it was a looooong time ago!

Ditto all the above! I admire your patience and talent, showing each bird with his own attitude and wing formation. I especially like the one just taking flight, with his feet inches off the ground. This is a wonderful piece.

The variety in the birds is wonderful. You have an abundance of talent and patience.

Lovely sketch. You have captured the gestures wonderfully, and your picture tells a story so well.

Back