The Two Minute Gaze

Enyaw

namuh
keeper.jpg

Wayne Gaudon Alla Prima Oil Painting on Paper Medium [Dorlands Cold Wax] knife/brush

Colors are not as bright as your usual but the muted colors work great in this one. Love it. ❤️❤️

Beautiful! I'd like to gaze upon it for much much longer than two minutes though.
But of course. Still, in two minutes of a serious gaze you can discover a lot of little gems in amongst the rust. I saw man, woman, beast, dirftwood, and a Navajo blanket.

Thank you Sno .. they may be a little brighter but not much >> I was low key of this. It was a salvage endevor. I lost the original concept of the healer. I then went in 'save the panel mode' and went with abstract flowers only.

Thank you John and Bart.

Can't believe I missed this one. I agree that these flower colors seem muted compared to some of your others, but I love this quiet palette.

I am definitely seeing a face on the vase, along with a prominent leaf - or maybe it's a feather! Lots to enjoy in this one. ❤️

Find a nice frame for this one, Wayne! Are you mixing the cold wax into every color or only where you want to create texture? It must be fun to use it.

Thank you Donna. I flicked a couple of utube vids on cold wax but I don't get it. I use the wax because it makes my paintings matte finish and the paint is dry at a few weeks at most. Hot wax is another beast that would be interesting but it's for someone with ambition. Yes, the cold wax adds body to the paint which allows you to paint thick paint.

Last edited:
Back