The Mechanic

laf.art

I painted this a couple of years ago,it's about 75x100cm I think. Minimal acrylic palette and charcoal.
Interlocking parts were the prompt:)
900-P1160823.jpg

Some of you may have seen this before, if so close your eyes and scroll past :D

Before taking time out, you posted a whole slew of amazing abstract/semi-abstract paintings. Nice to be reaquainted with this fine one.

Thanks everyone. Iain thanks for letting me know.I checked through my postings and couldn't find this one, obviously a bit lacking in attention at the mo haha. Anyway glad you all enjoyed it,
Hermes thanks, yes I did a small series, but I've probably already posted them :)

Great one, I love the color combination and the composition. Very very interesting to browse. ❤️❤️

This is a wonderful juxtaposition of layers of color and line, of drawing and painting. Lots of energy too, an excellent painting.

I feel a lot of brisk motion in this one, like people hustling along a busy city sidewalk. Very Futurismo; very Boccioni. I love it!

Good morning lovely people and thanks very much for starting my day with a smile, :)

:):)

Or even early Duchamp.
For sure! I had to go to wikiart.org and jog my memory, but I see what you mean. My lazy mind always goes to the bicycle wheel or the R. Mutt porcelain piece when Duchamp is mentioned.

For sure! I had to go to wikiart.org and jog my memory, but I see what you mean. My lazy mind always goes to the bicycle wheel or the R. Mutt porcelain piece when Duchamp is mentioned.
I was thinking mainly of the Nude Descending a Staircase, because of the movement in this painting.

Back