The Last Dance

Sanlynn

IMG_4681.jpeg

I find beauty in items past their prime, I think they have more character. I have a few flowers from my garden that have dried and would like to paint a series. This is study in gouache on grey toned card, about 8x10”. This was a red rose. Thanks for looking. C&c welcome.

I agree! I think wilted roses are lovely and such a beautiful muted color, usually. I think this one is fabulous, you've done a great job! ❤️ ❤️

I agree with you about fading colors - you captured this particular rose perfectly. It's gorgeous. I like it especially on the gray card, perfect background color for this rose.

Well done!

(Note: I see this is posted in All Media Events. Did you want this here or can I move it elsewhere for you?)

I hope you do the flowers from your garden as a series because they still have a lot to offer after they fade. This rose is wonderful!

I agree with you about fading colors - you captured this particular rose perfectly. It's gorgeous. I like it especially on the gray card, perfect background color for this rose.

Well done!

(Note: I see this is posted in All Media Events. Did you want this here or can I move it elsewhere for you?)
Wasn’t sure where to put it, Watermedia? Yes, you can move it.

View attachment 41220
I find beauty in items past their prime, I think they have more character. I have a few flowers from my garden that have dried and would like to paint a series. This is study in gouache on grey toned card, about 8x10”. This was a red rose. Thanks for looking. C&c welcome.
I've never been able to explain how "things past their prime" can be beautiful to someone who can't see it. Now I'll just show them this painting. Wonderful

Love to paint spent items as they are beautiful in their own right, too. Fantastic design and an almost abstract quality to its petals.

This is lovely, and certainly has character! But I am curious...why do you call it "The Last Dance"?

Wow! You're right! So much more interesting as they have their "last dance." Both in color and form. Beautiful work! ♥️

This is lovely, and certainly has character! But I am curious...why do you call it "The Last Dance"?
Thanks, Balaji. The reference to the last dance is a parallel to what’s happening in my world right now. I know I’m getting older and my husband of 52 years has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.

Thanks, Balaji. The reference to the last dance is a parallel to what’s happening in my world right now. I know I’m getting older and my husband of 52 years has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
Thank you for clarifying. I am so sorry to learn about your husband's condition. I hope that it progresses very slowly. These days I read about breakthroughs in arresting the progress of Alzheimer's. I hope that proves true.

I have recently heard some hopeful news about Alzheimer's too. Dr. Dean Ornish just published a study showing how lifestyle changes can slow or even reverse Alzheimer's if it is early enough.

Here's a link to a short video that talks about the study if you are interested: NutritionFacts.org

Sandra, so sorry about your husband's diagnosis. Thank you for taking the time to post such a great piece. The card was a great choice of support.

Back