The Illuminist - Kinetic Mobile Sculpture - Mobile Art

The Illuminist

I’m James, also known as ‘The Illuminist’ .
My passion is Movement in Art - Interior Spaces, Asymmetry - Architecture - Kinetic Structure - Balance & Lighting. I founded 'The Illuminist' in York during the beginning of the Covid 19 Pandemic. The Lockdown gave me the time to develop and the opportunity to create my Lamps, Shades and Kinetic Mobile sculpture. The whole process takes place under my roof in York, Uk.
Each piece is a personal journey between me and my customers. I will gladly take on commissions for a lamp, lampshade or mobile sculpture. I welcome any opportunity to bring my customers' dreams to reality. I chose responsible sourced birch plywood as the medium for all my works. A beautiful striped, unique and soft finish. The natural marking makes each piece truly unique.
My Kinetic Mobile Sculpture Orbit has become a huge success as I develop ways of bringing movement, colours and Illumination into all my customers homes and work spaces. Please take time to look over all of my designs and see which lamp, lampshade or mobile sculpture you like the most. I look forward to meeting you all

Warmest of regards

James

The Illuminist

The Illuminist - Kinetic Mobile Sculpture

Arc Kinetic Mobile Sculpture - The illuminist.jpg

Orbit Kinetic Mobile Art.png
Bloom - Kinetic Mobile Art.JPG

Welcome, James the Illuminist! Such amazing works you've created! Thanks for sharing. "Illuminist" is such a brilliant title, btw :)

Back