The end of a pandemic

N

Nufocus

47AAE72F-1EC9-4600-954E-4F9BD669DC34.jpeg

Another attempt at abstraction. Acrylics with oil pastels here and there.

Looks like a really good one to me, Nufocus, regardless of the degree of abstraction (as defined by those who define these things) that it may have.

Just for my own edification, I would like to know if you are focusing:) on "texture" or anything in paticular in your efforts to make an abstract.
I ask because I apparently am very much out of step in that texture is one of the last things I notice about a painting.
These thngs seem very subjective and amorphus to me, and your new approach might help me grasp things better.
Any crumbs will do.

Just the fact that you made a painting to this subject gives me hope.
And your abstractions are improving. I like it.

thank you all kindly!
Trier, I pay a lot of attention to colors. How they relate or don’t relate to each other. As for composition, I often cut things to size to achieves better composition and throw away the redundant stuff. As for texture, I almost always paint over paint over paint and so texture emerges whether it wants to or not.

thank you all kindly!
Trier, I pay a lot of attention to colors. How they relate or don’t relate to each other. As for composition, I often cut things to size to achieves better composition and throw away the redundant stuff. As for texture, I almost always paint over paint over paint and so texture emerges whether it wants to or not.
Thanks a lot Nufocus for the info; it helps clarify a couple of things and reinforces my take on how to proceed.
Appreciated.

Back