The Emperor's New Clothes?

It, or rather, the lack of it, would have had customs scratching their heads, looking for the invisible sculpture that, miraculously, vanished into thin air. An investigation would be held.

Well prove it then and post them! Let us see those invisible paintings. 😁
20201201_141615.jpg

My greatest masterpiece of the year. :ROFLMAO:

With my eyesight and luck It is a miracle I didn't bump into it. Like all the "Poles" that were supposedly taking up the spaces at the Eye Clinic. I attended that place for two years and never bumped into one. I guess I am not so myopic.

What is this thread about?

Edit. Being sighted may be a luxury?

Last edited:
Seriously... suppose you really could sell your artistic intentions, without actually making any art. Wouldn't you do it? I would. There's one born every minute, and a lot of them seem to be rocking in a cradle full of money.

Seriously... suppose you really could sell your artistic intentions, without actually making any art. Wouldn't you do it? I would. There's one born every minute, and a lot of them seem to be rocking in a cradle full of money.
Amen, Musket!!

Seriously... suppose you really could sell your artistic intentions, without actually making any art. Wouldn't you do it?
Yes, I would, too, with the proviso that I would have to believe in it. That is why one is willing to give, generally speaking, the benefit of doubt to others for their output, regardless whether they are filthy rich. Class is another thing. Besides, I like to see what this world is made of shaken up and turned on its head, don't we...

Lordy me, I wouldn't have to believe in it! That would make me even more deluded than the marks.

Well, if you weren't "deluded," as you call it, that would make you a fraud. If you could live with that, well, good luck. I admire your cynicism. I no longer share it.

Of course I'd be a fraud. The whole idea of selling an artist's intentions is a fraud, perpetrated on gullible people who think buying into it makes them hip. You can't run a successful con without willing marks.

a couple of years ago I saw a program / interview with Marina Abramovich,
here she was telling an anecdote,
always an Italian artist, a few decades ago, I don't remember if 20 or 30 years ago or even earlier, however speaking with a client, a collector, who perhaps had already bought something on, however they were at dinner or in a pub, probably some shot too many, or many,
however the artist was short of money and said look, would you like to buy one of my works, an invisible sculpture,
he said yes and signed him a check (it was before the euro but maybe not even lower than that there was the delivery, the story continues), he paid in advance and the artist told him, in ten days you will receive the delivery at home.
the days passed, a van arrived, men got out of the van who unloaded a huge crate, carried the crate into the crate, said they were for delivery, opened the crate and left the invisible sculpture inside the house, with the owner more and more thrilled and incredulous that he had forgotten about the purchase that evening and did not understand what was happening so he was thrilled while the invisible delivery took place and the truck was leaving ...

Sometimes patrons fund artists whether they make art or not. Maybe this is similar.
I think this is a little different. Generally speaking, a patron does expect some work in exchange for the dough, eventually. Of course if you're speaking of good hearted people who are willing to fund artists who are down on their luck or incapable of working anymore, that's another story.

Back