The Chair .. newer version

Enyaw

namuh
19.jpg

study .. 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. knife .. painted Feb 11/22
trying to paint in the method I use on abstracts but using a model .. painted from life adding the life within me ..

It's nice to see that Woody is back at work being a model, Wayne. This is very nice! I'm curious as to how your abstract methods will influence your still life work.

Thank you Jo

Thank you Donna. This would be about it but I can't seem to be able to apply the method universally. It worked on this but then today I simply ran into a wall.

Thank you Queen, rodhlann, and Katie.

Thank you GrantCee

Last edited:
I like the added vase and flowers. I know you use knives and I'm curious about that. Is there a specific brand that you would recommend? I have used knives in the past but I always felt frustrated with them, not really being able to get the effect that I was after,r and then it occurred to me that perhaps there are some knives better shaped than others that I am unaware of.

Thank you Katie. I heard that Italian made are good knives. Twenty years ago a good one cost about 45.00. The ones they sell in lower end art shops are too stiff. The knife, like the brush needs to be flexible. I ordered an Italian from Amazon but it was cheaper and not as good as the old ones. I guess nothing is made as well anymore. You can use the knife to lay on or to push in and that is why flex is good.

Thank you Ayin .. I wish I could duplicate the effort. Enchantment or Inspiration: or whatever it is doesn't hear my beckoning call. Sometimes I get lucky and it calls on me.

Back