The bridge at Linton, North Yorkshire

Grampy

Acrylic on 18"x 12" hardboard, from a photo taken on our recent visit.
Bridge at Linton, North Yorkshire.jpg

C&C Welcome
Steve.

Definitely worth the time and work you put into it. I love the detail in the background trees, then the detail in the mid ground trees, followed by the foreground trees. I can easily imagine hearing the liquid flow of water in your peaceful setting. What is the red box? Nice piece!

Love the amount of detail you put into this glorious scene. Just stunning work!
Thanks Kay, this is a scene of a village from a painting we bought my father-in-law for his 70th birthday. It was by a well known local artist, but he didn't like it.he said the bridge reminded him of a dinosaur. We have searched all over to find this village and finally this year we found it. So I could paint it from a different angle. Shame my father-in-law is no longer here to see it.
Steve.

Thank you ntl, for your comments.Yes the trees took longer, as they had to be done in different layers.
The red box bye the way is a old telephone box. Still standing and still in use.
Steve.

Wow, great job! The red call box works out nice as an accent.

Reminds me of the photorealism of Michael James Smith. He has a YT vids on his process. He starts with acrylic as an underpainting and then goes to oil.

Excellent work!

Wow, great job! The red call box works out nice as an accent.

Reminds me of the photorealism of Michael James Smith. He has a YT vids on his process. He starts with acrylic as an underpainting and then goes to oil.

Excellent work!
Thank you John for those kind comments.
Steve.

Back