The Bonding

Enyaw

namuh
011.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Dec 27/22

Thank you Ayin:
It's what I call representational abstract.
Grandma and Grand-daughter sitting at a table doing needle work in a room with a window, flowers on the table, as well as art on the wall. It's all there even the chairs they are sitting on.

Ah, me too! Fascinating how I didn't see anything other than an abstract at first. You're operating on an interesting perceptual frontier here. It puts me a little in mind of the work of Frank Auerbach.

Thank you CaliAnn and Martin.

Martin: RE Frank Auerbach; I had not seen his work but on a quick tour of his images I can see the resemblence. He doesn's use light and reflected light in the same manner but the approach to a certain point is there.
Camden Palace, Winter, 1999 .. very evident on this piece.

You're right about his use of light being different. I was mainly thinking of the thick strokes in his portraits which I've always admired for their boldness and economy, and I see that in your painting here. I have in front of me the poster for his 2001 show at the Royal Academy of Arts in London that I was fortunate to visit.

I was mainly thinking of the thick strokes
... and I was thinking of the spirit or bones of the visual .. so little to say so much .. I forgot about the thick paint part.
Lucky of you to see good works of art in their original. I never wish for money but I guess if I had lots I'd just go to museum shows all the time. That would be interesting. I was to a Monet showing when they had a show in Toronto. Quite nice to see the paint.

I saw the figures right away, Wayne, and get a 19th century feeling from this one, probably because (to me) the woman on the right looks like she's wearing a hat with black feathers on it. If this is representational abstract I hope to see many more examples! This one is amazing!

Thanks Donna,
That's what I call it for lack of a better definition. My wife as well saw the scene but she was quick to point out, it's not her type of art. I see the 19 century in the portrayal of clothing and paint application. Some of the impressionist, especially Russian, did this type of stuff but not as abstracted as this one.

I see everything you described but I originally saw 2 good friends having lunch together. :giggle:❤️❤️

Thank you Sno. That's the way it should be. I need not say what I see as it's not important. It's what the viewer sees. "... for those who have eyes that see, will see..."

Back