Sunflower Front and Center

Queen Bee

9"x12" Oil Pastel black pastel paper
Sunflower.jpg

This is beautiful, Deborah. On the wall, it would really brighten the room. I find oil pastels difficult and end up with muddy colours. Very well done.

Yes, beautiful and well done Deborah !
If it is not too much trouble, I would like to ask how you made the fine black lines in the petals and the fine white lines in the center ?

Beautiful, Deborah! I'm a total sucker for sunflowers - my favorite flower! I love this being painted on black paper. Yay!

Yes, beautiful and well done Deborah !
If it is not too much trouble, I would like to ask how you made the fine black lines in the petals and the fine white lines in the center ?
I did this a while back. I will try to tell you how I did it. Hope it makes sense. The lines on the petals are actually brown and the white in the center is a really light yellow. I just looked for a spot on my stick where it had a point worn in it.

Beautiful, Deborah! I'm a total sucker for sunflowers - my favorite flower! I love this being painted on black paper. Yay!
Me too. I have done at least 7 sunflower paintings and have saved references to do a lot more. They are just such happy and cheerful flowers.

This is beautiful, and I'm impressed with the fine lines you got. Is this sanded pastel paper?

Back