Sundown At The Garden of Eden

ZenDruid

Supporting Member
More cartoon symbolism, and gratuitous nudity to make people nervous. In the growing twilight, Mr. Satan Snake is talking trash to Eve, who views him very skeptically. Looking on is a beckoning tree offering her forbidden fruit. What will happen next?! Acrylic on 9x12 canvas board. C&C welcome as always.

1645806791483.jpeg

I really like this, Zen, and don't mind the gratuitous nudity either. Eve wouldn't look like Eve if she was all dressed up. Her expression is the best! Your bright colors keep this from feeling too heavy. It's great!

I really like this, Zen, and don't mind the gratuitous nudity either. Eve wouldn't look like Eve if she was all dressed up. Her expression is the best! Your bright colors keep this from feeling too heavy. It's great!
Thanks Donna, that was a reference to another thread I followed this morning. After 500,000 years, people are still flumoxed over whether they should approve of sex. I also like her expression, got lucky with this one. And bright colors are my favorite, like a kid in a candy store. :)

She's too cute to make me nervous at all. Perhaps I should be all the more careful. :unsure: I love that Eve would be wearing a black choker and have her hair piled up and knotted on top.
Thanks SLG! You're the first to mention the choker and hair. I thought, why couldn't she? :)

Here's the prep drawing I did of Eve, pencil on notebook paper, shading done in photoshop:

1645837982537.jpeg

This was from a photo reference. Yes, her lovely bottom looks a little baloonish, but that's a style nowadays. :)

Very good work! And a compelling piece too. I love the colors and I love snakes in paintings.

"gratuitous nudity to make people nervous" :ROFLMAO:

I did notice the choker and the hair right off. Very nice and story told well. ❤️ Of course Eve would be nude at this point in history. :giggle:

I did notice the choker and the hair right off. Very nice and story told well. ❤️ Of course Eve would be nude at this point in history. :giggle:
Thanks snoball! After waking up, her first thought was to accessorize but she hadn't gotten around yet to weaving clothes out of leaves and flowers. ;)

Ha! Your Eve is definitely modernized; cute and sassy. I love this! Great idea to raise the cheer level with your bright colors. This is a modern take on a very old tale - a take with attitude.

I say again: Ha! Love it. ❤️

Ha! Your Eve is definitely modernized; cute and sassy. I love this! Great idea to raise the cheer level with your bright colors. This is a modern take on a very old tale - a take with attitude.

I say again: Ha! Love it. ❤️
Thank you Terri! :) The story of Eve is timeless. I didn't want to paint some sad gloomy tale about sin and exile. My fantasies are uplifting. I gravitate to bright colors, I guess that might be a style. Thanks for loving it!

Back