Summer

Katie

620452-IMG_5074.jpg

Hey! I was going to use "lovely!"

It's precious and beautiful. I really like it! Your style and brush work is inspiring.

Katie, beautiful!! Your paintings shine.
Do you prefer acrylic to oils? Do you find it difficult to paint with acrylics?

Katie, beautiful!! Your paintings shine.
Do you prefer acrylic to oils? Do you find it difficult to paint with acrylics?
I love oils but prefer to use acrylics due to the fast drying and ease of use. Also a lot of my work has been big abstracts and so acrylics are the best for that.

I love oils but prefer to use acrylics due to the fast drying and ease of use. Also a lot of my work has been big abstracts and so acrylics are the best for that.

I use Winsor & Newton Griffin alkyd paints whenever possible; they behave like traditional oils, but dry much faster. Have you tried them?

Lovely!
I have an artist friend who uses alkyds as well and swears by them. I guess I should try them as acrylics dry too fast for me, and oils can be slow.

Beautiful, Katie!

I must have missed this the first time around, so glad to find it now.

BTW, I tried Griffin Alykds a long time ago, and also the new water miscible oil paints and would be very interested in your evaluation of them, if you do give the alkyds a try. I will withold my opinion on them so as not to influence your approach.

I use Winsor & Newton Griffin alkyd paints whenever possible; they behave like traditional oils, but dry much faster. Have you tried them?
Hello Hermes, glad to see you here.
If it is not too much trouble, I would like to know in what significant ways you found that one was better than the other.
Thanks

Back