STYGMA

Desforges

24’’x48’’
Collage, oil and acrylic on found recycled textured canvas
Impressions on various sources of stygma.
3112DF74-A781-4FC3-B618-21C67ABFCD5D.jpeg
94476E2B-D08B-4DA1-926E-764225C4A7EA.jpeg
AEEEAA51-A397-4C33-AFDE-115C992B7ACA.jpeg

Last edited:

laf.art

What an astonishing piece, brava.I find it too much to take in all at once so I shall keep coming back and looking at smaller sections

laika

Hanger-on
Oh wow, this is fascinating! This is certainly not something that someone could glance at and move on from. It really draws me in.

Perry

Wow! Very nice. Impressive collection of stories and images with your added touches of paint and texture.

Desforges

This one has been sitting in a hallway for a long time. The title came to me just when I decided to post it here. It is a little cynical yet explanatory. It will stay on the floor like a book collecting dust.😉

Terri

It packs a visual wallop, and I find it very compelling. The design and colors are pleasing, and the text makes me want to spend more time with it. Just wonderful!

Desforges

I like the premise, but for some reason it gives me the shivers, kind of macabre 😊
Is it ever? Thus, the title.
😉
I paired newspaper clips from 1930’s that were found in my great great oncle’s attic to religious symbols and a list of students. These were assembled in an automatic mode. It was a cathartic project that had not been planned until I got the scissors and a pail of medium. My son actually joined me.

Last edited:

john

This should be in a high end gallery or museum. Top notch art. It feels like a dive into the psycho/religious world that is in many people. Maybe all of us. Hits a nerve. "Other hives were empty" "practice with your pet" I love it.