Storm Moving In

A

Aspenman

Storm Moving In 14x11 on a canvas panel using SoHo HB Acrylics applied with a 2 inch cheap natural bristled brush alla prima dry into dry.
All color blending done directly on the surface dry into dry.

IMG-0996.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a beautiful sky, Richard! I like how you got a little bold with the colors. Are you finding that you are handling the acrylics any differently now that you're also painting with oils? I'm just curious as to how easy it is or isn't to switch back and forth.

That's a beautiful sky, Richard! I like how you got a little bold with the colors. Are you finding that you are handling the acrylics any differently now that you're also painting with oils? I'm just curious as to how easy it is or isn't to switch back and forth.
Thanks 😊 Donna - I find the WMO'S are easier to paint with than the Acrylics. I have been painting with acrylics for about 8-10 years now and WMO'S for only a couple of months. The only thing I do not like is the smell!!! The Lukas Berlin Water Mixable Oils smell almost the same as regular oils!! So I paint with my window open and 2 exhaust fans. I keep the fans on for several hours after my session is over! Of course their literature says "almost no smell! HA!!

I really like the bold use of acrylic paint .... I am always a little too accurate and some people say that my paintings could use a little bit of looseness ... your painting conveys a nice mood!!!!

cheers,

Andy

I really like the bold use of acrylic paint .... I am always a little too accurate and some people say that my paintings could use a little bit of looseness ... your painting conveys a nice mood!!!!

cheers,

Andy

Thanks 🙏 Andy

Aspenman, this is beautiful. Reminds me of Taos or Mora in NM.
I am allergic to linseed oil and oil paints give me headaches. Like you say, even the water miscible ones. Now that you are invested in your new ones, I found that M.Graham oils made with Walnut oil to be the answer. No smell! A little soft but they probably have something to make them stiffer, I haven't checked in a while. Wonderful that you paint so much. You inspire us.

I am allergic to linseed oil and oil paints give me headaches. Like you say, even the water miscible ones. Now that you are invested in your new ones, I found that M.Graham oils made with Walnut oil to be the answer. No smell! A little soft but they probably have something to make them stiffer, I haven't checked in a while. Wonderful that you paint so much. You inspire us.

Thanks Jo 😊- appreciated