Across To The Shoreline

A

Aspenman

18x24 on 246lb linen textured paper using SoHo HB Acrylics with a 2 inch cheap natural bristled brush alla prima with a dry brush technique. All colors mixed directly on the surface dry into dry
IMG-0825.jpg

This would look gorgeous on any wall. The clouds add just the right amount of interest in the sky.

Yet another beautiful sky :) Am I seeing those walls of showers that show sometimes in large expanses of sky?
How many of those 2" bristle brushes have you worn out since working in this style? I think that I understand (to some degree) the dry brush style by the evidence of your brushstrokes, and it makes me want to try it!

Yet another beautiful sky :) Am I seeing those walls of showers that show sometimes in large expanses of sky?
How many of those 2" bristle brushes have you worn out since working in this style? I think that I understand (to some degree) the dry brush style by the evidence of your brushstrokes, and it makes me want to try it!

Thanks! I am using the same two brushes I started using. The indication of distance rain is a by-product of the brushes and dry brushing.