Stack of Bowls - Soft pastels from Scavenger Hunt

Jo Castillo

Supporting Member
I played in the dust for the Scavenger Hunt today and thought the sketch is almost a painting so would cross post here. The item on the Hunt was "a stack of 3 similar items". I love pottery.

I used a variety of pastels on a Pastelbord, 8 x 10, that I had wiped off another sketch. The background is more grayed in real life not so purple as my monitor shows. Had fun anyway.

shfl128stack.jpg

And the setup...

csstack-setup.jpg

Nice one, Jo! You did such a great job with the reflections and the bowls look very much like heavy pottery - they have weight!

This is gorgeous, Jo! Very well done. Thank you for showing the setup shot, too. ♥️

Donna, thank you. I have a little correction on the blue parts if I decide to save it!

Murray, thank you. I love red, blue and pottery .... oh, and pastels.

Artyczar, thank you very much. I often forget to take any process photos.

snobal, thanks so much.

Scene Chaser, Bill, ha it does look like writing .. just shine. I couldn’t have done that if I tried, right?

Terri, thanks. I love playing in the dust.

moscatel, thank you. I like pottery and pastels. Paint what you love.

Sanlynn, I have practiced a bit. Ha. I used some Unison and Ludwig darks but learned early that you can put some black charcoal or like dark green under a lighter red to make a dark, so even if you don’t have the color, you can layer and scumble some. Almost mix them. Thank you.

Back