Spreadsheet design tracking?

C-her

Metamorphosis is happening.
I posted on my blog today about how I make a spreadsheet (with pictures) for each of my designs. I have 4 tabs
1. Cover sheet with progress pictures
2. Labor $
3. Supplies list with costs
4. Notes page.
If interested, my blog is: http://daisyhillstudio.art.blog
Just FYI my job life was creating, reading and analyzing spreadsheets for businesses. Being creative was my soul work. I love both activities as it uses both left and right brain.

What a GREAT idea C-her! I love this! Why is your hourly rate so low though? What kind of spreadsheet program is this? Awsome help. Thanks for posting this. ♥️

What a GREAT idea C-her! I love this! Why is your hourly rate so low though? What kind of spreadsheet program is this? Awsome help. Thanks for posting this. ♥️
I have the hourly as a fake for the picture😁.
This one is in Apple Numbers program. Altered for my designing. I originally used MS Excel (which I prefer) but went all Apple a few years ago. Was kind of fun learning a new program, must keep the right brain busy because the left one is busy all the time.
Thanks for the reply.

Does the spreadsheet include, staring at the paper imagining or mind gaming the process of what I am a out to explore ?
I find my process too fluid to nail down like that. That said I'm also from a Lab and database programming place ... And i frequently sat staring into space " mapping" a job 🤪

I am also from a database brain. I also sit forever between brush strokes making (sometimes needless) decisions. :LOL:

I use a database to keep track of my completed work and it started out on a spreadsheet of sorts, but later needed to be converted into a relational database. What a hug difference that made my whole life easier. C-her's data on hourly time could essentially be incorporated into such a thing. Interesting thought.

Back