Spilling the guts ahead of Christmas

N

Nufocus

Acrylics on paper mounted on board.
Around 16”X12”.
Cheers!
340561D5-2FF2-4E1A-9E50-29DD35C6E24E.jpeg

Some of us enjoy the perfection of one’s drawing ability and their incredible technique which enables them to replace on canvas or paper or whatever the most sophisticated and up to date work of a camera.
Others enjoy and admire the STRUGGLE of the artist with his/hers inability to draw perfectly and/or compose perfectly and/or use the “right” colors or tones where “they belong”.

Nufocus, I quite like the top half of this. The bottom half seems to show some frustration. :giggle:

Iain, you ain’t supposed to see things....😁
Arty, a lot of thanks!! Happy Hanukkah to you too. Our 7 candles + shamash are burning bright right now. It ain’t California here, you know.....😉
As a result of Sno’s comment I made a couple of changes and added a few touches of oil pastels.
So here it is:

It reminds me of the work I used to see all the time by a Danish or other Scandanavian painter in Art News some years back. The name Asgorn Jorn popped into my mind... but its not him.

Ahhh! It was Per Kirkeby!

0CBD-620.jpg

kirkeby_omslag_scannat.700.jpg

By the way... I think contemporary art is far more multifaceted than the dichotomy of "Realism" and Abstraction.

It reminds me of the work I used to see all the time by a Danish or other Scandanavian painter in Art News some years back. The name Asgorn Jorn popped into my mind... but its not him.

Ahhh! It was Per Kirkeby!

View attachment 6654

View attachment 6655

By the way... I think contemporary art is far more multifaceted than the dichotomy of "Realism" and Abstraction.
Yes, I certainly agree, SLG.
Btw, perhaps you were thinking initially of Asger Jorn?....
I love his abstractions, an example:

A5515BDE-4E65-4E3F-81D6-03793F46C93E.jpeg

It’s just about impossible to do with acrylics on paper what can be done with oils on canvas......

Nice menorah Nofocus. Ours is some kind of metal. I'll have to snap a picture of it some time.

Outstanding Nufocus !

I feel many strong statements are being made as I continue to study this. I admire it.

You are a source of inspiration, and I will try a couple of things things based on the sincerest form of flattery.
I think about your previous advice about just letting things fly while painting, and it seems to show up in some of my stuff now. Thanks.

Outstanding Nufocus !

I feel many strong statements are being made as I continue to study this. I admire it.

You are a source of inspiration, and I will try a couple of things things based on the sincerest form of flattery.
I think about your previous advice about just letting things fly while painting, and it seems to show up in some of my stuff now. Thanks.
Trier, I am blushing....
A whole lot of thank you’d!!

Back