Something new ... cartoon characters

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Have just started a short online course, Domestika, in illustration and cartoon drawings,

My fist day of experimenting.
IMG_20221225_211956_1-01-01.jpeg
IMG_20221225_212046_1-01.jpeg

Omg, these are wonderful! Love these little sketches. The class sounds interesting!

Wonderful! I love these. :) Tell us more about your class.
Thanks for asking ... ;)
There was this Black Friday special, 3 courses for $32AU. Say how more! I had a need to improve my drawing, but when you can't draw, going there is hard.
My thoughts always consider art purchases as business transactions, and I know, slows down my impulse decisions. They were a bit upset, and very politely told me they were deleting my first feedback!

Why? I selected Would Not Recommend (but do do reviews) courses even though the courses really suited my learning style. And (being a bit cheeky) told them 20% off wasn't enough to temp me to buy more.

Upshot. I got another 3 courses, one the cartoon, another kids book illustration, for $34AU.

Since I've started, I've illustrated a book for my granddaughter's book (I commissioned her to write it! She picked the theme. ) "The Life of Grandad; and now Granny Jen's Chicken Little is almost done.

I'm doing image cards, to give away, at my next exhibition - to reveal emotions in the works for those who can't speak abstract :)

And, I've been booked to run a "Speaking in Cartoon" workshop.

Conclusion. My ROI is acceptable 🤪

ROI ... Return on Investment

To get this straight JennyJo, YOU were teaching the classes? Was the first one a drawing class? Now you have two others: a cartoon class and a children's book class?

To get this straight JennyJo, YOU were teaching the classes? Was the first one a drawing class? Now you have two others: a cartoon class and a children's book class?
Yes, almost. I took an online class or two I purchased during Black Friday.. And have been booked to run some classes based on those lessons. And, i have illustrated two kids books since I took the classes - one a family book, the other I hope will become an Ebook.

Have just started a short online course, Domestika, in illustration and cartoon drawings,
Interesting! I signed up for a Domestika class on Urban Sketching for $10 USD earlier this year. Very satisfied with it, very good instructor, I get free updates on the course every few weeks.

Interesting! I signed up for a Domestika class on Urban Sketching for $10 USD earlier this year. Very satisfied with it, very good instructor, I get free updates on the course every few weeks.
I agree. I have done a few courses now. I like their presentation style. My current one is framing. Just about to start cutting things. Really want to do more oil pastels but framing is so costly. This is my solution.

Oops. No, I took the class. But have done a few how to for some locals.

These are delightful. So glad you feel you had a good ROI. Congratulations on the books, great idea to involve your grand-daughter. I’d like to see a page.

These are delightful. So glad you feel you had a good ROI. Congratulations on the books, great idea to involve your grand-daughter. I’d like to see a page.
Thanks. Still not happy with it yet. Will post when a page or few feels finished.

Back