Something helpful I learned that others might like to know

Grizabella

Was Ellen E. on Wet Canvas
I was watching YouTube yesterday and got a tip I was really glad to get. I have several tin travel palettes and they all had those inner flap things meant to be used for mixing bits of paint. I don't use them and they just get in my way, especially since I have a limited space to put my art supplies on when painting. The inner flaps just take up precious space and don't serve any purpose for me. The video I watched was so helpful that I just have to share it.

I knew I could probably take the flap off and do without it but as it turned out, my best thinking would have been a big chore, dented up the tin, and just made a sad mess. I accidentally came across a video on youtube that included the way to correctly and neatly remove that flap. You just pull out a tiny little rod that runs through the hinge thingee and presto, you've taken the flap right off, neatly and without harming the tin a bit. Just by luck, one of my travel palettes had the tiny rod already protruding so that one was easy enough to pull out. The others didn't have any of the rod poking out, but I just used the rod that I first removed to push into the little hinge area and shove the rods out of the rest of the palettes. Once I had them all taken off, I just put the rods back into the little tube things on the flaps and now the flaps and rods are all neatly stored away in case I ever want to put them back together.

I realize probably lots of people already knew this, but it was a revelation to me. I hope it's helpful to someone else who wants to trim down their tin palette but didn't know how. :)

Back