Enyaw

namuh
grayday.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted July 24/22

Last edited:
Lovely - especially the water.
Cheers,
Patricia

Nice one! Other than the evergreens, that's what it's been like here recently...

Strange effect - the water looks like a pool of mercury. Overcast skies are a not to common mercy right now in my neck of the woods, so I find relief in looking at this painting. A body hates to complain about sunlight, but it can be brutally bright sometimes. Anyway, nice one, Enyaw!

Wow! A true gloomy beauty. I really love how you handled the water with this one. It's a hit with me. I love the mood, and everything about it. ♥️

Thank you Sno

Thank you Ayin .. color or perceived color will do that.

Thanks Joe .. I am far from a master but thank you.

Thank you Zen and Bart

The still, reflective water really drives home the quiet mood of this one, Wayne. It's wonderful and like Lamar said, a nice break from too-bright light.

Beautiful palette. The reflection is so wonderful! This is really a calm, quiet scene - well done!

Thank you Donna and Terri. Most times I improvise the light but I felt like leaving this one and trying to get the mood. Glad I did as according to my fellow artists, it works.

My first impression was "Walden Pond on a winter day." A place to build a cabin and contemplate life. I like how you captured the gloom... I used to look out my window on days like this and the thought that came to mind was "murky dismal" but the way you painted the water is absolutely beautiful, as a mirror of life... and all the growing things give me a sense of hope for the future.

My first impression was "Walden Pond on a winter day." A place to build a cabin and contemplate life. I like how you captured the gloom... I used to look out my window on days like this and the thought that came to mind was "murky dismal" but the way you painted the water is absolutely beautiful, as a mirror of life... and all the growing things give me a sense of hope for the future.
Thank you .. that is beautiful. As long as there is one, glimmer, spark, or glow: there is hope.

Back