Sketches for a 21st century

Hi, folks. Well, I guess I reached somewhere or something... I believe the two drawings bellow are in their's final vversions or almost there. Now, what to do with it? Instagram? Print it and hang it on my walls... Print it and paste it in secret like posters in city's public spaces?

Screenshot_20210821-181315_Gallery.jpg

I'm glad you liked it, @Artyczar! You know... I am really reluctant about Instagram and huges social networking platforms. How this kind of circulation in independent/alternative "arts world" used to be before Instagram? I am conscious that this "anti-establishment" talk is over and sometimes even lame. I know. But there is a moral issue or something like it, I guess I would prefer to find other ways not the Instagram one. I may change my mind, jn fact I hope I will change my mind about it. But, would you have any tips or suggestions? I am not against having a site, but I would love to know how to show what I've been doing that doesn't involves Instagram or Facebook... Forums seems a nice place. I will talk with some friends of mine about it too, and try to understand how the things works nowadays in Rio de Janeiro, for example.

Screenshot_20210823-135614_Gallery.jpg

Personally, I hate Instagram nowadays and I quit Facebook a couple of years ago for the same reasons that I currently don't like Instagram. It feels harmful to my self-worth in all honesty. I have no idea how people get a following or "likes" or any of that. I have tried, and I have even sold work to some of my collectors there, but they were already my collectors before Instagram was invented. If they were inspired by my recent posts to buy something, maybe that was the case, but I have no idea. Either way, I am debating on if it's worth it to stay active there, so I agree with you.

I like your idea of wheat-pasting copies of the drawings around town without your name on it, but following it up somewhere on line with your name might be wise for people to connect the drawings to you.

I have a website, so I recommend that, and building a mailing list to send out news and new art every so often. You can get creative about what you send to them. It can be anything you dream up.

With your own site, you have a home base for which to email whomever you want to solicit to look at your work for whenever/whatever you want--galleries, collaborators, projects, other artists, municipal establishments (for murals, etc.), or whatever else. You can always usee the link to your site in your emails or even on a biz card/mail promo, stickers, anything...

Thanks a lot for your feedback, @Artyczar. It was much elucidating and it gave me a sense of confident about my own thoughts. I have been avoiding those social networking websites that somehow dominates the ways we think and act nowadays. It's hard to express my feelings about it with words... and in English it is even harder haha. But I guess you really got my point here. Your feedback and tips are really interesting, and matches with the path I was thinking about trying to go through. I hope I will sooner or later give you a feedback about my next steps...

Nice sketches. I really like the expressions. Portugal is a beautiful country.

Back