Simba

WFMartin

I painted this lion quite some time ago, It is a 16" x 20" Oil on Canvas.
Simba_Final.jpg

"Simba"...16" x 20" oil on canvas

This could easily serve as an illustration for the dust jacket of a deluxe limited letterpress edition of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Thank you all! Strange that you should mention his feet, Katie. I worked from a reference photo that had a different background, and one of his feet was not showing, as I recall. So, I just painted in a "foot" to sorta' match the other one. An art friend of mine was the judge for the art competition in which I entered this painting, and he told me that he had not given it an award because the feet didn't seem to "go with the lion", or something like that. o_O. That's the reason ya' never want friends to do the judging of your work at an art show--they either go out of their way to award your work, or out of their way not to!:ROFLMAO:

Thank you all! Strange that you should mention his feet, Katie. I worked from a reference photo that had a different background, and one of his feet was not showing, as I recall. So, I just painted in a "foot" to sorta' match the other one. An art friend of mine was the judge for the art competition in which I entered this painting, and he told me that he had not given it an award because the feet didn't seem to "go with the lion", or something like that. o_O. That's the reason ya' never want friends to do the judging of your work at an art show--they either go out of their way to award your work, or out of their way not to!:ROFLMAO:
Awww how annoying! We love it anyway.

Back