Serene Pool

P. Barrie

18” x 24”, oils on canvas

Painted from photo I took at a park in Trumansburg NY

DFC39F22-3DCC-4703-AC12-E0597E6484BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Lovely. My favourite places are near water.
Cheers,
Patricia

Patricia, Ayin, Donna, thank you.
Many optical / light aspects with water. Transparency, reflection, refraction, diffusion, movement, and so on. Wonderful and to look at and paint.

How beautiful. Rocks are usually hard to paint, you've done a wonderful job!

Absolutely gorgeous Patrick, from the color you used, to the subject, to the composition, to the technique. Just beautiful. ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks Sno, much appreciated.
The trickling water falls are painted very impasto. Doesn’t show in the pic. The painting was hanging in a hallway by a door with a window. In the late afternoon the light would hit the impasto water and reflect just so, making the water glint in the lower light. Made me think about values and possible glazing techniques.

Beautiful! I love your water colors and how expertly you're able to show depth. Wow!

Thanks Terri😊
The water falling over the rocks seems somewhat frozen. I think this is due to using a photo reference. Had I painted on site from life, perhaps they would have more chaos, suggesting movement.

Last edited:
Wonderful piece and once again I really like the palette choices here. I think using the light and reflections really assist at moving the viewer's eye throughout the piece Patrick. A nicely balanced beauty!

John

Very serene, tranquil, peaceful. Gently flowing water into clear pools. Beautiful.(y)

Back