Scavenger Hunt from Life #72: Jun 11- Jun 19

10 - makes me smile (lighthouse, which is under repair right now due to damage from the winds during one of our storms this year) - direct watercolor

IMG_2689.jpeg

Joe, like Joan I have come back even next day and my comments are still there when I forget to send. Sorry you lost yours.

Robin, I love your sketches. the one in the car is amazing and the idea for holes is super.

Joan, the bridge is a big and good idea for metal! Your smile makes me smile, too. Great finds for engine and rubber. Really nice tire sketch, well, both. I like your idea for straight. I started one at the waiting room the other day and didn't finish. The chair was complicated so I abandoned the sketch. Yours is so fine.

All - Going to cop out and say there are 3 pages of inspirational art work.

Joan and Jo - Think switching over to the signup list I may have erased it and of course I “always” write comments in a note as backup… Well make that “almost always” 😂

Jo, thanks so much. It was fun to find some new things to sketch.

Joe, sorry you lost your comments. I never do backups and I know I should...too lazy.

Today I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with the NYC Urban Sketchers. These fit into the hunt.
The rooftop garden had a wonderful installation.
IMG_2713.jpeg

14 - odd shape (sphinx) - watercolors and ink
15 - earth toned building

Robin - like the style you used on the dashboard it makes look like a collage of parts. Clever pick for holes.

Paul - Hope you had a fabulous time.

Joan - Excellent work on the Robert Moses. Making me home sick. Was looking at the lighthouse and went through following. “Oh love how she did the sky.” “ The beach grasses are great.” “The lighthouse is perfect. Hmm just off center fir a great composition,”. So pick one. Excellent shading on the tire and the motor. The MMoA sketches are really nice.

To all the Dad’s out there…HAPPY FATHERS DAY,

Keep sketching
Joe

Great job, Joan, Joe1, Jo, and Robin. Well done on all, folks. :love:
Joan: You are so super in the zone !!! The Metz sketches are marvelous !!!

Joe1 & Jo, love your line and hatching works.

Robin: Only you can make dancing lines and colors...

Joe, thanks for working on the list. I forget about it. Commenting and losing it is not nice. I can never find the same words and feelings the second time round.

Joan, your urban sketches are so good. You make feel that I know NYC so well. I'll see scenes in the movies and tell Gene, "I remember that place, Joan sketched and painted there." Like the giant Christmas balls and the bull on the street.

Ai, I feel the same about Thailand. Thanks to you both! And thanks for this Hunt.

Paul, can't believe it is a new Hunt already. See you there.

Joe, glad to hear you enjoyed seeing the ones of Robert Moses. Thanks!!

Thanks, Paul. See ya over in your hunt.

Jo, glad to be a travel guide. lol

Great job folks... Thanks for joining this Hunt. See ya in our next Hunt.

Back