Scavenger Hunt from Life #69: May 18 - May 26

Joe, Oh my, nice egg carton. You have such a nice touch for shading. I need to do that item.
On the porch in the Ohuhu mix media sketchbook, 10 x 7.6 inches, a little over half a page with Micron 03, Ohuhu 05 and watercolor. About 30 minutes.
Number 2, uniform - the potatoes are about uniform in size
Number 3, stripes - the napkin

csshfl69stripes.jpg

Jo - Like the pen work in the shading. i do like shading, it is key to form. It is also one of the many challenges I have with watercolor. The course I am doing is covering exactly what you did using pen for shading with watercolor. But you also did it well with just the paint. Keeping this one for referenc. Thanks.
Joe

Joe, I would certainly use Joan or Ai for learning watercolor! But thanks anyway. You made my day. (Evil grin)

Paul - We lived in Hawaii for 5 years. A couple of tips…Mahalo does not trash. It means Thank you. 🤣. If you ask directions. No one uses compass directions. Makai means toward the sea and Mauka mess to towards the mountains. If anyone calls your wife a ”nani haole wahini” that ls a compliment. it mean pretty white woman. And with jo and EP we offer Aloha!

Almost forgot If someone says ”oh no” that’s Hawaiian for good (ono) and “poopoo“ are appetizers. 😎
Mahalo... :) We are going to Honolulu, O'ahu and Maui... thanks for the tips This is our 4th attempt to get to Hawaii and we have been trying to get there for 38 years believe it or not. My wife was pregnant the first time, she got ill the second time and the pandemic upended our plans the last time. Nice tour of duty! We will stop in San Francisco on the way over for two nights and on the return we will
stop at Las Vegas for 3 nights.... I expect to be pretty beat by the time I get home...

Mahalo... :) We are going to Honolulu, O'ahu and Maui... thanks for the tips This is our 4th attempt to get to Hawaii and we have been trying to get there for 38 years believe it or not. My wife was pregnant the first time, she got ill the second time and the pandemic upended our plans the last time. Nice tour of duty! We will stop in San Francisco on the way over for two nights and on the return we will
stop at Las Vegas for 3 nights.... I expect to be pretty beat by the time I get home...
Sounds like you two have earned this getaway in several way. Enjoy!

Aloha all! We'll be seeing some of the great grands today.

Sketched in the Ohuhu sketchbook with a Zig Millennium 05 as the popcorn jar is glass with blue plastic silicone. About 20 minutes.
Number 4 popcorn - use in microwave with regular popcorn and can add flavors in the top with butter. Doesn't melt quite enough but worked OK. Gift.

csshfl69popcorn.jpg

Thanks for nice comments….

Mr/ Mrs Paul m50—Bon Voyage

3 gate on hospital bed
4 triangle moulding framed
5 popcorn association- tv
6 substitute “high” tray
0FE30A35-0A13-4956-9BF6-69178732E7B1.jpeg
table

Jo - like the hatching. You got me thinking popcorn than Robin used Tv as association now I an sitting here and when I look at the TV all I can think of is popcorn!

Robin - My first thought was a smile as I saw a touch of the Robin of old. Colors are not the expected but the values are spot on so image is great. Than I started reading associations and as I said above to Jo…you two now have me thinking popcorn when I look at the tv!

#3 Flour - bag of flour. Multiple grades of graphite in 8.5x5.5 inch sketch book.

IMG_1698.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Last edited:
EP, the experience of sketching outdoors adds a certain charm to the sketches. It does get easier. lol

Jo, you are right that triangles are hard to find. Glad you got some help to see what was right in front of you. Nice barn with triangles.

Paul, Hawaii is a good excuse to be gone from here for a while. Have a wonderful time! Happy Anniversary!

Joe, thanks. It helps with the lettering when they are large enough to see. lol Love the magnifier. Jerry has several magnifiers. Maybe he needs a lighted one. Nice egg carton!

Once again I forgot to hit "post reply" last night. So this is late.

I went to a Fleece and Fiber Festival to sketch yesterday. The lady was shearing the sheep.
5 - fence (substitute for gate) - watercolors and ink

[
IMG_2519.jpeg

6 - llama - watercolors
IMG_2520.jpeg

I seem to have missed a whole page of comments. Sorry! I don't have enough time!!! Yikes! I'm going to Maine in the morning and need to finish packing. Will be back to comment from up there.

Attachments

• IMG_2520.jpeg
    IMG_2520.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 25
I felt like being away from making arts for ages due to my sickness. I feel better now but still feel a bit sluggish in sketching. Anyway...glad to see this in our campus today.

#1 sub. Instrument with this tiny car, parked under School of engineering office entrance
...pardon my new pen...it bleeds into my wc.
I also forgot to sketch its front light ..;-)

20230524_102321.jpg
20230524_101348.jpg

20230524_102249.jpg

Last edited:
Robin, love your hatching and items. I like seeing in your spaces. Popcorn and TV are great together.

Joe, I was wondering what kind of flour would show up. I had the old fashioned cloth flour bag which was fun. Haven't seen any in a while. Do you make fortune cookies? I think they are made of almond flour.

Joan, I'm surprised when I come here and I hadn't sent my comments. It is nice in a way that they don't go off into the hinterworlds. Great find for the gate sub and the llama! I thought you might find one. You seem to have a bit of everything in NY. I'm smiling.

Ai, happy you are feeling better. What a cute little car! You captured the feeling of small so well. Great Hunting!

We had fun today. Noisy....

beautiful what you all posted, Ai, glad you're better and you're back to drawing,
I haven't drawn for about 10 days due to flu and fever, weakness, cravings, I haven't drawn anything apart from some animals from the photos on the forums, especially in the last 2 days, I've done some drawings for the forum events, drawing from life I find it more difficult but I'm about to re-read the list to pick something to try these days.

Joan - Continue to be amazed at your people renderings. From both proportions and perspective they are spot on. Only you would actually find a llama. 🤣😂🤣

Ai - Like the pen drawing and the painting. Curious about the car. Is it a 1 or 2 seater? Where the heck is the engine?

Jo - We follow what is basically a Paleo diet which excludes white flour and sugar so we use almond flour for breading fish and chicken

Joe1 - Hope you feel better quickly.

Keep sketching
Joe

Thanks Jo, Joe, and Joe1.

Joe: It looks like a 1 seater electric car from China. I did not want to be so close ... by the time I finished sketching, the professor aka the owner showed up, got in, and drove away super quiet, too fast that I could not vdo with my phone. I'll try to go observe it again, if he brings it back to the spot.

Joe1: Glad you are recovering too.

Love reading the comments about so many things…..

this egg carton is kinda different…been wanting to draw it for a while
FF36DE1D-E726-4E06-B3E2-35D28D32F800.jpeg
790270D0-41BA-4D9F-983C-26B56A99A48F.jpeg

Ai-glad you are feeling better. Odd little vehicle. You did good job. I like to see the different sketches of same can feel your interest, pleasure and increasing skill.

joan-super super sheep crowd everyone body language and faces are each so expressive…the shearers face and body language is awesome and SO pleasant to look at over and over

Fletch nice soft detailing of the flour bag…plastic looks good form the little creases you portr so subtile the weight of the bag too comes thru nicely. I am pretty much paleo with a dash of keto . Thanks for the kind words of old Robin. I am feeling somewhat of a return lately. LOL about the Hawaiian words.

JoC yep, they are all right—- those potatoes are spot on….that little sketch is really good one

Joe1 sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather. Hope you come back better.

Paul M- safe travels. Good trip

Last edited:
#2 uniform -- 2 coffee grinding machines --
#3 violet -- plastic flowers at the cafe --color pencils

20230525_105111.jpg

20230525_111004.jpg

I will return with comments but for now wanted to post a sketch.

3. instrument - watercolour, 5x8" page.

hunt69-02.jpg

Cheers,

Back