Rose with buds

ams

Micron 005 and a little with 01 on XL Mix Media sketchbook, about 7" x 8".

I love using pen & ink with this paper. There is a very slight texture which allows light shading with the ink when you use a light touch.

I may decide to add some color with watercolor. I haven't decided yet.

20230127Sk7 Rose and Buds-Ink (PP).png

Attachments

• 20220127Sk7 Rose and Buds-Ink (PP).png
    20220127Sk7 Rose and Buds-Ink (PP).png
    722.2 KB · Views: 50
Good work, Anne. A wash of colour would be nice, but its good either way.

Reactions: ams
Beautiful Anne! You could always print it out and add color on the printed version to get an idea of what it might look like colored. That way you don't have to commit to the original

Beautiful Anne! You could always print it out and add color on the printed version to get an idea of what it might look like colored. That way you don't have to commit to the original
That’s a good idea, CaliAnne.

Lovely rose and roses are not the easiest thing to draw or paint. ♥️

Beautiful work! Your details in the petals and leaves are excellent. I like it just as is, but I can understand the lure of a light wash of color. CaliAnn makes a good suggestion that's risk-free.

Nice one, Anne!
I love using pen & ink with this paper.
It is nice for that. I use fountain pens in a spiral-bound sketchbook of that paper when I doodle and ruminate in ink. And along with the nice surface, XL MM can also take a little water, like a light ink-and-wash, for instance. A fountain pen, a water brush, and an XL sketchbook and you're set go mobile.

Back