Rhododendron buds

Joy

Contributing Member
This was done from a photo of rhodie buds in my yard. It is a watercolor on Arches 140CP, 7 x 11. Since there are so many great flower painters out there, I rarely paint flowers. This was done as part of a monthly challenge.

E04B96F4-7FA6-4AE8-BBB5-065E93D6C566_1_201_a.jpeg

Beautiful work, Joy! I think you can paint flowers whenever you want. I hope to see more from you. This is beautiful!

This is so beautiful. You should do flowers more often. Shouldn't matter there are other great floral artists. This reminds me of a botanical print.

A lovely watercolour, Joy. The shadings of the green in the leaves is excellent and I like the buds, too.

Deborah, thank you! It took me quite a while.
Penny, greens are quite a challenge. It is difficult to get variety without it appearing that the leaves are from different species.

Yes, Joy. Greenery is a challenge. I don‘t do many landscapes as I am not good at them. you do very well.

Quite beautiful Joy. I agree with the others, you should do more flowers - you're a natural at them! ❤️

Just gorgeous Joy! No pun intended, but this piece brings me joy. Seriously. It's really well done too. 💕

Ayin, thank you so much! Flowers are really tough for me, but all of watercolor is a struggle at times.

This is beautiful Joy! I love the delicate blending on the leaves and the bud is really well done. Yes, please paint more flowers, you're very good at them, and there can never be too many flower paintings in the world. :)

I love this, the flowers and leaves are beautifully done. Paint more flowers! (I thought I commented the other day, guess I didn't hit send!)

Thank you, Jo! You have a talent for portraying any subject, so your comments are very inspirational.

Such a beautiful painting, Joy! You handled the greens so well (and I always make mud of greens so I am in awe of them.)

Back