Reservoir in morning fog - xpost in pastel

Bartc

Out at Crystal Springs Golf Course in Hillsborough, CA, for a gorgeous morning painting. Big turnout, great weather and some great paintings. I got an Asian esthetic pastel on White Pastelmat 20x16". Biggest pastel I've painted so far. Wanted to capture the atmospherics with the fog on the reservoir and bright winter sky. See what you think.
Crystal Springs Jan 22.jpg

Golf course!? I guess that would be considered "the rough". Lovely painting the sky reads "morning" for sure.

The colors are so lively in a subdued sort of way. Beautiful and pleasing, and I think I get what you mean aesthetically speaking. Great work with the atmosphere!

Golf course!? I guess that would be considered "the rough". Lovely painting the sky reads "morning" for sure.
Yes, Bongo. This reservoir system feeds San Francisco and surroundings and the entire watershed is closed to anyone but the Water Dept. But overlooking it is a public golf course, so we decamped there and got a very rare view that wouldn't have been available under any other circumstances. The golfers loved to watch us paint, and one of our guys sold his to a golfer right off the easel. I told him to tell the golfer that for an extra $100 he would shave off a couple of strokes from his score. LOL

Back