Refracted rain

M

Martin C

This was inspired by the fractured view caused by raindrops streaming down a window pane. Each column is a single stream of drops. I haven't worked out why a stream of drops also causes a horizontal breakup of the view (perhaps a bunch of drops colliding on the way down, each with its own refraction?) but it does lead to a naturally-gridded abstraction which I couldn't resist. Acrylic, approx 30 x 20cm.

rain.png

This absolutely makes me think of raindrops streaming down a window. It's awesome, Martin! How nice that you were able to turn that kind of inspiration into an abstract painting!

However your ideas come, they make for beautiful paintings. This one is no exception. I love the greens and blues here. All very intelligently placed. Lovely piece for sure! ♥️

How did I miss this? Very cool. Perhaps the horizontal pattern is like waves. Like on water they tend to be all of the same wavelength. The patterns that waves create are fascinating.

I like your abstract design sense. My eye is jumping all over and not getting bored. Well done.

Back