Proposal to change Weekly Art Event to Monthly prompts

ams

I have been observing the participation and comments for the Weekly Art Events and think it would work better as a monthly event.

It would give more time for people to develop an idea since it sometimes takes a while to decide what you would like to do and then more time to actually complete the artwork.

Since the time period is longer, there would be three prompts instead of one. Posts could be made any time during the month for any of the three prompts. You would be able to post as many times as you wish. You could respond to one, two or all three prompts during the month.

If you have some input, please post your comments here.

Thanks for your input.

Or maybe twice monthly?

Since the time period is longer, there would be three prompts instead of one. Posts could be made any time during the month for any of the three prompts. You would be able to post as many times as you wish. You could respond to one, two or all three prompts during the month.

This sounds good. You put some thought into it. Thank you!

Last edited:
I'll keep it in mind.

It would be easier host wise to do it once a month since there haven't been many volunteers to host.

The way things are for me at the moment, I would probably find it easier to participate if it was monthly. I always read the prompt, but time has been getting away from me recently. I feel sad I haven't been joining in as I know I was enthusiastic about this at the start.

I like the idea of three prompts, too. So there would be options/time for doing more than one piece on the same prompt, or doing more than one prompt, or even combining prompts?

Whatever is decided, I hope to join in.

I like the idea of three prompts, too. So there would be options/time for doing more than one piece on the same prompt, or doing more than one prompt, or even combining prompts?

Whatever is decided, I hope to join in.
Absolutely. You would be able to respond in any way you want to.

This is a very good idea, Anne. I will join in as a host when you put up the schedule.

Thanks Anne. One Hosting with 3 promps sounds good to me, on a monthly basis. I also want to thank you for your information on the "free images". Ive always used my own photos up until recently, and found using the free "Pixabay" images were a useful tool to use, as they also generate other ideas as well.

You are welcome, Anne. I do, too.

Viv - I have always used Pixabay and find it very useful.

Thanks Penny. I'm feeling good about the change.
Anne - I can Host a month, if we are going with monthly prompts. Not March, as Im Hosting the Animal & Wildlife Challenge, in March. Maybe April?

This looks to be a very good idea, I've only joined in with a couple since joining the site but would like to do more. Monthly would definitely make it easier - don't quite know where the time goes but it just gets away from me! Happy to host a month if it would help and if it's ok that I haven't done many challenges?

Anne - I can Host a month, if we are going with monthly prompts. Not March, as Im Hosting the Animal & Wildlife Challenge, in March. Maybe April?
Thanks Vivien. I'll do March so I can set up the thread but I'll put you in for April.

This looks to be a very good idea, I've only joined in with a couple since joining the site but would like to do more. Monthly would definitely make it easier - don't quite know where the time goes but it just gets away from me! Happy to host a month if it would help and if it's ok that I haven't done many challenges?
Sue, that would be great. Once I get the hosting thread up, you can sign up for a month.

ams - I think your suggestions for the format change sound great. As laika said, you've really put some thought into it. Love how it would encourage the creative element, and allow for extra time to develop an idea.

Thanks Vivien. I'll do March so I can set up the thread but I'll put you in for April.

Sue, that would be great. Once I get the hosting thread up, you can sign up for a month.
Thanks Anne.

I'm late to this. I'm better with a monthly event because I usually don't have enough time to finish something in a week.

Back