Prerequisite Nude

snoball

Certifiable
Supporting Member
They say every artist needs to paint a nude so this is as close as I have come. 😏
mynude2.jpg

Beautiful! I don't know why, but before I opened this thread, I knew she was going to be in or by a body of water. I love the background--those greens, blues and browns are some of my favorite colors to mix around with. This is a wonderful painting. Outdid yourself again.

The way I heard was that every artist needs to paint in the nude. Boxer shorts and wife-beater T-shirt is as close as Ive come.

Shorts and no shirts were common in the summer in my studio when the temps reached into the 90s and we got all that humidity off of Lake Erie.

I've been in the boxers and the tank lately. It reached 100 here yesterday! The first time since I've lived here and it's just June. Last year it didn't get to be 95 until August. It's so weird to think that only a couple of months ago it was 25 and snowing. I want it back!

I would hate that! It's dry as bone here. I lived in Florida--twice in my life--and it was miserable. Inside, hot and wet. Outside, freezing because you were wet from being outside and the AC is on everywhere you go. No chance to think about moving out of the state until you've been out of your mind for a while and finally get a place with no AC and just use a fan. Finally, an ah-ha moment: Leave!

Where is all that humidity coming from, Sno? You can see where Cleveland is getting its humidity:

Ohio_map.jpg

I would hate that! It's dry as bone here. I lived in Florida--twice in my life--and it was miserable.

So far, we've had a mild Summer. The AC has been on for maybe a total of 12 hours. Today its 73 and the forecast for the next 5 days don't show any temps over the low 80s. I can live with that. :)

So far, we've had a mild Summer. The AC has been on for maybe a total of 12 hours. Today its 73 and the forecast for the next 5 days don't show any temps over the low 80s. I can live with that. :)

I'd live with it too.

But dry heat is a lot more tolerable than muggy heat, that's for sure.

I like Cleveland a lot. I think I was there in the fall, which is the best. I can't remember where we played there, but I assume it was some university of some sort. If you told me which ones are there, I'd probably remember, or any of the main medium-sized venues, like 2500-3000 seaters.

Tri-C (Cuyahoga Community College, CSU (Cleveland State University, CIA (Cleveland Institute of Art... my alma mater), CWRU (Case Western Reserve University, Ursuline College, and there are probably as many smaller schools that I've forgotten. CSW & Tri-C are downtown... near the biggest buildings in town. CWRU & CIA are surrounded by parks, traditional Neo-Gothic buildings, the Museum and Orchestra. Ursuline is technically outside of Cleveland in Cleveland Heights.

Where is all that humidity coming from, Sno? You can see where Cleveland is getting its humidity:
David, we don't have anything like Lake Erie but I am in NW Arkansas and we are surrounded by man-made lakes, plus we get a lot of Gulf moisture coming up.

I find the humidity here hard to cope with sometimes, as it can fluctuate 20 percent in an hour sometimes, and as Sno said you have to chew the air - horrible. I always want to open windows which of course is the worst thing to do.

Back