Portrait of a Man in a Hat

Schuee

Hello. I haven’t drawn many portraits. This is in coloured pencils, mostly Polychromos. I think if I was doing it now I would blend the colours more.

4FA3A3EA-7534-4176-BDDF-3D2BBC1F55FE.jpeg

This is very well done - I don't think you needed to blend the colors more. Really good job on the glasses, very hard to do

I agree - you did a great job on this, Penny! I love the composition and the way the hat fills the space. The little bit of black on the shirt collar seems to have an important role too. Maybe there will be more portraits in your future?

This is excellent work! I agree with Donna and LOVE that hat brim and top going out of the frame. Nice job on the glasses and the eyes behind them. This is a wonderfully composed and executed portrait.

This is quite good. People in colored pencil are not easy. You've done quite well with this one. ❤️

I agree - you did a great job on this, Penny! I love the composition and the way the hat fills the space. The little bit of black on the shirt collar seems to have an important role too. Maybe there will be more portraits in your future?
Thank you, Donna. Yes, I will have to try more, though I fell today and damaged my wrist. It’s wrapped in ice and painful. Silly me.

i hadn’t noticed how the black on his neck refers to the hat! Thanks for pointing that out.

This is excellent work! I agree with Donna and LOVE that hat brim and top going out of the frame. Nice job on the glasses and the eyes behind them. This is a wonderfully composed and executed portrait.
Thanks, Terri. I’m pleased you like the specs.

I fell today and damaged my wrist. It’s wrapped in ice and painful. Silly me.
:oops: Well, that's not good! Sounds like you're doing the exact right thing with wrapping it in ice. Hopefully that will keep the swelling down and you'll have a speedy recovery.

Take care! ❤️

Thanks, Terri. It’s very painful. I’ve put Arnica cream on it to bring out the bruise.

I'm sorry to hear about your wrist , Penny.
I hope it's not fractured . You might need to have it x-rayed
Patricia

That is good Penny. Perhaps a little darker values in the skin tones under the rim of the hat. God luck with the healing.

I'm sorry to hear about your wrist , Penny.
I hope it's not fractured . You might need to have it x-rayed
Patricia
Thanks, Patricia. I can still wiggle fingers but it‘s painful. Think it’s probably a sprain.

That is good Penny. Perhaps a little darker values in the skin tones under the rim of the hat. God luck with the healing.
Thanks for the advice Wayne, and for the good wishes for my wrist to heal.

How is your hand now Penny ? I hope it has started to heal and is
not as painful as it was.

Patricia

Thank you, Patricia. It’s on the mend but I still can’t put any sort of pressure on it, such as pushing or pulling. It doesn’t hurt like it did. I’ve managed to do a little drawing with my left hand for the challenge. I’m hoping it will go on improving over the next few weeks.

Back