Please critique my small plane

ntl

Contributing Member
I want it to be as believable as I can make it.

You see, it’s nose is in a ditch, one propeller is broken as are two wings and a few struts. Even one wheel is bent. But is the shape generally okay? Is the body long enough? How about the engine housing? Does the tail pass muster? What do I need to do to improve this drawing? Thanks!

thumbnail_IMG_7022.jpg

Not knowing all that much about small planes, I think it looks fine. You can always add details as you paint and the surrounding elements will make it believable.

Looks good to me - but I know nothing about planes, so I can't offer any suggestions

Very nice work, ntl! Your overall plane shape looks great to me, and so does the tail.

One suggestion: if you want the viewer to see at a glance that there's a broken wing, maybe add some jagged lines at the bent area, like cracked fiberglass might have.

I agree with Sno about adding little details as you go to emphasize the distressed areas.

Great start!

CaliAnn and Terri, Thanks. I am posting a (more detailed) photo into the ART SCHOOL forum in a few minutes. I've changed the plane a tad, and plan to do a little more as I get into the painting. If you have time, please check it out.

Back