Pink, pink and more pink!

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Not my colour. Usually avoid going there. But today, it just happened. Best part of living where I do ... in the bush, not far from beach. This is how I'm feeling about it today. A big one 2m x 1.5m. Long tine since I've ventured into that space. Acrylic on canvas.
IMG_20230124_190528_2-01.jpeg

That's a lot of pink but the cream helps it flow. A big old strawberry and I cream dish. Works for me.

Beautiful. Yes, now that Wayne mentions it, it does remind me of those strawberry sundaes a bit, but I LOVE those!!! :) ♥️

I'm with you about pink, Jennie - not a color I particularly reach for. But this piece proves that lovely art comes from every color. I love Wayne's comment about strawberries and cream. That suddenly made this delicious to look at - a real delight. Love it!

That's a lot of pink but the cream helps it flow. A big old strawberry and I cream dish. Works for me.
Thanks Wayne. I've looked at it again through strawberry eyes. It fits my mood even more now. 😀

I'm with you about pink, Jennie - not a color I particularly reach for. But this piece proves that lovely art comes from every color. I love Wayne's comment about strawberries and cream. That suddenly made this delicious to look at - a real delight. Love it!
Thanks Terri. One comment can certainly make perceptions change.

I am thinking of putting Aa very light wash of turquoise randomly through, almost diagonally.

How would an artist not find a way to paint in every color. Pink is said to be overlooked, but not this time! 🌸 🌷 💖
I do have colour aversions 😀 it was green, nearly over that. I am doing a work that include 2 ambos, from Qld. I really don't like the deep blue green colour. I'm having trouble adding that to the canvas! Given I have now got over my pink hurdle ...

I like the color and the design and can imagine some turquoise too - maybe just some small dots or "sparks" here and there. I think the painting will tell you what it does or doesn't need eventually - sometimes they need time to think too.

Back