Painting in the Garden

Grapes

oil painter
This one is from the summer. These cultivation fields are close to my place so I'm able to walk there easily. People go growing their fruits and vegetables there and I went to paint them. The folks are real nice so no one threw me away. I painted seated in a trekking chair. There's so much observation to do when painting these fruits, I just couldn't figure it all out so I might finish this later.

"Peppers", oil on oil color paper (Fabriano Tela), d 20 cm. Decided to try painting round because I hardly ever do. Fairly quick sketch .. an hour or so.

IMG20240710115417.jpg

IMG_20240710_201902.jpg

Here are the models:
IMG20240710111128.jpg

When I later in the summer went to see them, they had both turned orange!
IMG20240714154056.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Grapes. You paint in a style very similar to someone here called Moscatel and your work is every bit as good! 😁 Painting in a garden is such a challenge (so many shapes!) but you focused on your lovely models and they stand out beautifully from their chaotic setting.

🤣 👋 Thank you for your comment, Donna! I learned that day how difficult gardens are to paint. Haven't really done garden paintings.

Hello Grapes. You paint in a style very similar to someone here called Moscatel and your work is every bit as good! 😁 Painting in a garden is such a challenge (so many shapes!) but you focused on your lovely models and they stand out beautifully from their chaotic setting.
Wait. Isn't Grapes Moscatel in actuality?
Mosc/Grapes, are you now going to swap to vegetables?

Back