Oops, guess I was supposed to introduce myself . . . .

amo

I'm Angela Micheli Otwell, aka "amo" and "amotwell" in various places. I've been making art since the 1980s, various media and subjects. Also do photography, write, play instruments, dabble in computer programming, cook, etc., etc., etc. I live in Nevada, now but previously lived in California briefly and Georgia (USA) for most of my life. I came over from WetCanvas, followed the Scavenger Hunt, but I'm pleased that there's a good community here beyond the hunts.

Currently focused on developing/improving my skills (whatever area seems to need attention or whatever thing I don't know) in between pursuing projects I'm truly inspired by. Links in signature.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

-a

Thank you for posting your intro, Angela - welcome! :) It sounds like you have a lot of creative outlets. I'm glad you're finding your way around. Keep posting and have fun!

Reactions: amo
Hi Angela! Welcome to the forums. Please make yourself at home here. I look forward to getting to know you. :)

What instruments do you play?

Welcome. I lived most of my life in Georgia, now I live in South Carolina. We have some other things in common also. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hi Angela! Welcome to the forums. Please make yourself at home here. I look forward to getting to know you. :)

What instruments do you play?
Piano, guitar, and bass. Mostly bass these days. And Audacity, Anvil Studio, Musescore . . . . so I play the computer too :)

I am mainly a drummer, but write songs on the guitar, so I can play a bit. It was my first instrument when I was 8 years old before I finally got a set of drums at 12. I used to fiddle on a piano, but not much. The autoharp was easier.;)

I am mainly a drummer, but write songs on the guitar, so I can play a bit. It was my first instrument when I was 8 years old before I finally got a set of drums at 12. I used to fiddle on a piano, but not much. The autoharp was easier.;)

I do best when I don't take any of it too seriously - art, music, writing, etc. I tried to learn the drums once, and I did okay with one hand, two hands, two hands and one foot, and then it all fell apart when I tried to add the other foot. I can't drive a manual transmission either :)

Autoharp would be fun!

I do best when I don't take any of it too seriously - art, music, writing, etc. I tried to learn the drums once, and I did okay with one hand, two hands, two hands and one foot, and then it all fell apart when I tried to add the other foot. I can't drive a manual transmission either :)

Autoharp would be fun!

Can you imagine if we all have a fifth extremity? I was also a drum teacher for young drummers. I can teach anyone to play. I could teach you to play a basic beat in about an hour.

Back